Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5 color aggro shop

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Vintage (T1) Decks
magicbmx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: 5 color aggro shop Reply with quote

Yes i know i most play type 2 but lately i went to the better format which is vintage and omg am i glad i just love it so much better. Just wanted your thoughts on this deck. Played 2 tournies with it last month i just made top 8 made it to finals and lost on a top deck to take second and win a workshop. Just this last sunday i play the list i am about to post but this time just was out of top 8 on tie breakers so ya tell me what u think of it

// Lands
3 [TSB] Gemstone Mine
4 [6E] City of Brass
1 [US] Tolarian Academy
4 [AQ] Mishra's Workshop
3 [TE] Wasteland
2 [AN] Bazaar of Baghdad
1 [AQ] Strip Mine (1)

// Creatures
4 [10E] Juggernaut
4 [AQ] Triskelion
2 [DS] Sundering Titan
1 [US] Karn, Silver Golem
1 [MR] Platinum Angel
4 [UL] Goblin Welder
1 [MR] Duplicant

// Spells
1 [PR] Mana Crypt
1 [A] Balance
1 [UL] Tinker
1 [U] Mox Emerald
1 [U] Mox Jet
1 [B] Mox Pearl
1 [B] Mox Ruby
1 [U] Mox Sapphire
1 [FUT] Coalition Relic
1 [R] Sol Ring
1 [B] Ancestral Recall
1 [DS] Trinisphere
1 [A] Demonic Tutor
4 [EX] Sphere of Resistance
4 [MR] Chalice of the Void
2 [FD] Crucible of Worlds
1 [OV] Vampiric Tutor
1 [B] Black Lotus

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [MR] Duplicant
SB: 3 [UL] Rack and Ruin
SB: 3 [UD] Powder Keg
SB: 1 [SHM] Firespout
SB: 2 [TE] Choke
SB: 3 [DK] Tormod's Crypt

If u cant tell its not your regular aggro shop because in addition to playing 5 colors i also went to the huge side instead of the small side of town. Now i know i will get well ravenger could work or master but well the only 2 creatures on the small end i would ever think about are master and just maybe goyf but thats a stretch. As for the rest i think i want the angel out for darksteel because i lost to combo oddly but not having him i think but well angel has only saved my ass once and worse case could go board for aggro matchups
Othar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there has to be something better than coalition relic for mana fixing. You should cut it and add another gemstone mine. Also, there is no reason to not run mana vault.
Lenin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol its impossible to give you advices on this deck becasue its proactive and depends 100% on the meta.

Tell us the meta then we can talk.
magicbmx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U know the said thing is i just dont really like the vault in here because sadly relic is a color source that works in here. Also the meta has been changing a lot by me its kinda crazy like last month there was only 2 aggro shop vars and sunday there was 6 lol.
Othar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

online the meta is hard to determine. in real life its easy because people dont have the cash to have every good vintage deck. on mws one can simply copy the latest menendian deck and give it a whirl.

I still say another mine (or maybe a glimmervoid) would be better than relic.
magicbmx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be draw dependent but i have learned from playing that its a half breed of aggro and well not stax or 9sphere but its not your normal shop deck as u can see. Yes i know i am not as early and fast as the rest of them but i am learning that the overpowering of them works well in most situations very well.

Also just because this list is from my mws doesnt mean anything this is my real life deck seeing in the midwest there are lots of 25 proxies tournies and well working on getting it to 15 for most others. Also the meta around me changes some not crazy but there was tezz, painter, wub fish, slaver, mask naught, and oath in top 8
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Vintage (T1) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1