Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xbox: $300 for a piece of shit.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Craze

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blu Ray > normal DVD. My brother has switched just about everything he owns to HD. And you can tell the difference, as HD makes normal DVD look like shit. And Blu Ray is the only HD movie company left as HDDVD died.

Also Madden 2009 look alot better on PS3 then XBOX 360. And ps3 controller > XBOX controller
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only part i disagree about is the controller i find the 360 controller a lot easier to grip than the ps3 controller for most games except fighting games where having a good d-pad is necesarry but for fps the placement of the left stick is much better as the d-pad isnt used as much
jakeywakey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolcreep, waaayyyy more games have graphical errors and lag issues on ps3. and the only decent game u list is mgs. every good franchise is on xbox right now. halo, gears, and every cross platform game tahts any good. almost everyone prefers the xbox controller over the ps3 controller unless they are playing a fighting game. and the only other good franchise playstation had going for it was final fantasy and thats on xbox now so... zw and poopsack u guys must just be unlucky as hell, ive had my xbox for about a yr and a half and its like new. keep it cool!!! set it on the ac vent or sumthin or stick a fan next to it, thats wut i do.

o ya and xbox live, cant forget that.
ajvanadri

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this argument is over......some one mentioned halo 3 as a reason to buy an xbox.

Halo 3 is one of the worst shooters there is (unless you have no friends and the story in a shooter is more important to you then making some friends to play with).

PS3 wins on the grounds of utter self pwn
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the Xbox is terrible they all break because they overheat and all the solder joints in them become undone. One way supposedly of fixing it is to turn your xbox on cover it in towels and get it to heat so much it resolders no idea if this method actually works.

I had one it broke and no of atleast 5 other people who all had the same.
Delicious

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS3>xbox360
Wii>xbox360
Atari>xbox360
Vecc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to like Nintendo Wii.

But the discrepancy between people's expectations on it in their wet dreams and the actual result makes me laff hard.
warwizard87

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to add my 2 cents, i bought a x-box 360 this summer and have been happy with it. I did not make the decision lightly, i weighed the options between wii, ps3 and xbox360 before making my selection.

Wii was basically out of the question, the gimmick while cute don't function properly half the time, and the games are sub par easy no buy

the PS3 is a excellent system, however, i have no real plans to buy blue ray in the near future so that was a non factor. The unique games for PS3, to me, were not as intriguing as x-boxs flagship titles. Also price was a issue, yet i know ps3 has the better system graphically/memory wise.

X-box 360 has the flagship titles i want ( no i don't like halo anyway) has sufficient processing power, though, admittedly less then ps3. Does have some problems with over heating, however external fans/other cooling methods have been successful in keeping it functioning thus far. and the price is pretty solid.

over all x-box was the system i bought, since for me blue ray is a non factor, the power of the system is less important then the games i can play on it and it was a cheaper option that made a nice mid-ground even if the system has some internal hardware problems.
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZW wrote:
How about Gears of War 2 and Halo 3? Banjo Kazooie? Fable? Grand Theft Auto expansions? Also, every sports game runs better on 360, and yes, the controller has a much better feel and grip.

BANJO KAZOOIE?!?!? The last time I played that was on N64 xD... they made it for XBox??? I gotta get me one of those!
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya it like just came out, just dont play it on a crt screen apparently you cant see the text on a crt screen
Vecc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oblivion is teh shit on both consoles. Cool There's just no way to ruin that game.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2