Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anyone figured out Shards yet?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
ChiDoRiE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive lost to exactly one rb deck in about 40 drafts online, and i mulliganed 3 times in that match

best strats:

esper if u get good signals

w/g/X depending on what color your removal/wooly thoctars/planeswalkers are - i pretty much force this every time. Note that X can be nothing..w/g is just fine
Hank333

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sealed theory is Put all the best cards in your pool together, ignoring mana. Then look at your mana fixing, and try to mash it all together. I tend to want to play 18-20 mana sources because i am going 4 or 5 colors. It is a weird format.
And on a side note, Resounding Silence. Is it good? I know in sealed it is amazing. At the last PTQ, i saw the play of Jungle Weaver and Bull Ceradon being silenced! But in draft, it seems like it isn't so good. I rarely get to 8 mana, and if i do, i am likely flooded.
[R]Nchamay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still just play a couple good removal spells, pick a base shard, and add whatever works.
dv8r

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imo the top 10 commons in draft are:

Resounding Thunder
Oblivion Ring
Agony Warp
Resounding Silence
Vithan Stinger

Executioner's Capsule
Branching Bolt
Magma Spray
Sanctum Gargoyle
Hissing Iguanar

So in answer to your question, in my opinion, yes resounding silence is very very good. You just have to draft it in the right sort of deck.
Onyx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've won with Naya... I think Naya is the best hands down. With the speed of Wild Nacatl, and awesomeness of exalted... it gets crazy fast.

Esper is good, when you get the right cards...
Araeliz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmm

Last edited by Araeliz on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChiDoRiE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

resounding silence isn't close at all to top 10 commons, neither is iguanar

iguanar is actually the most overrated card ive ever seen - it dies to blister beetle/pingers/ANY removal, opens you up to getting blown out by instant speed removal, can't attack if they have first strikers if you want the effect...it's just all bad.

resounding silence is the easiest card to play around ever, and also the easiest card to be put on - this combination makes it not close to the top 10, unless ur playing with awfuls

wild nacatl and knight of the skyward eye would be my replacements, although i'm slightly biased on tribes and not looking at the list/other top cards right now so that could be wrong

edit: after a quick glance at the spoiler, my picks stand, with the only close ones being red removal spells
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2