Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doran Combos

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Distance

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Doran Combos Reply with quote

This deck can use Order of Whiteclay with Fulminator Mage to shut out Land.dec and he becomes extra incredible with Doran. Primal Command searches the combo and stalls the land at the same time, so its perfect for this. Doran seems very good with some land control too. HE can finish the job and Thoughtseize and Sculler make this all possible. THought I'd share this with you all its done well for me. RDW is its bane which is what the SB is mostly ready for.

4 Birds of Paradise
4 Thoughtseize
2 Treefolk Harbinger
4 Nameless Inversion
4 Tidehollow Sculler
4 Doran, the Seige Tower
4 Rain of Tears
4 Fulminator Mage
4 Order of Whiteclay
4 Primal Command

4 Murmuring Bosk
4 Llanowar Wastes
2 Brushland
2 Fetid Heath
3 Wooded Bastion
2 Treetop Village
5 Forest

SB:
4 Bottle Gnomes
4 Kitchen Finks
4 Oblivion Ring
3 Wispmare
varno345

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i honestly think that 3 story circle would be the best 3 cards in ur sideboard instad of those stupid bottle gnomes.
Hatredy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiteclay + fulminator is almost a lock in this meta

great idea, I'd maindeck story circles to help vs the decks that don't use all nonbasics and more search/accel to get the combo out faster.
Kurtkeoki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you do against a spectral procession? Kithkin seems like it would rock you.
Distance

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottle Gnomes is a 3/3 w/ Doran, of which there are 6 ways to search up (Primal Command and Treefolk Harbinger) Story Circle will suck up my mana and does no damage. I would rather have Primals, Bottle Gnomes, and Finks to gain life. and attack. That's a lot of Life gain red has to get around.
Spectral Procession hopefully will be gone with thoughtseize and Sculler, however, the Windbrisk Heights will likely get blown up. Doran is often tough for Kithkin to deal with from my experience, and this build should be no exception. I can side in Wispmare for O-ring, Bitterblossom, and Spectral Procession
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That's a lot of Life gain red has to get around."

Seems you have forgotten the almighty card named Stigma Lasher. If you have a bad hand and he has a great, the you can sod off your lifegain.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a bad hand and he has a great hand, you lose the game 99/100, regardless of deck, matchup and skill.
trueeevil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have a good hand and still lose to it. Why not play finks md btw? seems good with order of whiteclay.
Distance

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have finks MD because I'm heavy on 3-drops actually. my one drops are 4 birds, thoughtseize, harbinger, 2 drops are nameless and sculler, and everything else but primal command is a 3 drop.
All the 3 drops in the deck have to do w/ a peice of the combos, rain of tears, fulmunator, order of whiteclay, and doran. I need to get on w/ the LD and the beats by turn 3 (turn 2 if birds).
Vesuvian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me that Reveillark getting back Fulminator and Doran is strictly better than Order of the White Clay.
caesarthehun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One word: everlasting torment
Life gain is suddenly irrelevant
Story Circle is suddenly irrelevant
If you are like "thats a jank card that noone plays" your stupidly wrong, every deck with a main consisting of B or R will have it
Otherwise, i love the deck, birds is a good idea, and i need to try out the manabase, but it seems like a tier2 deck, which is nice for a well-set standard enviroment so gz
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1