Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CruelControl

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
JeZeus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: CruelControl Reply with quote

So here is a deck I've been kind of messing around with. It is another 'archtype' that has been popping up fairly often, with various builds. Here's mine Razz

// Lands
4 [LRW] Island (1)
1 [4E] Plains (1)
3 [LRW] Vivid Marsh
4 [SHM] Mystic Gate
4 [LRW] Vivid Creek
4 [ALA] Arcane Sanctum
4 [SHM] Reflecting Pool

// Creatures
1 [EVE] Nucklavee
3 [LRW] Shriekmaw
4 [LRW] Mulldrifter
2 [LRW] Sower of Temptation
4 [SHM] Kitchen Finks

// Spells
4 [LRW] Cryptic Command
4 [ALA] Esper Charm
1 [LRW] Makeshift Mannequin
4 [MOR] Negate
2 [10E] Remove Soul
1 [LRW] Broken Ambitions
2 [ALA] Cruel Ultimatum
4 [10E] Wrath of God

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [LRW] Shriekmaw
SB: 1 [LRW] Sower of Temptation
SB: 4 [LRW] Burrenton Forge-Tender
SB: 4 [ALA] Oblivion Ring
SB: 2 [10E] Remove Soul
SB: 1 [LRW] Broken Ambitions
SB: 2 [ALA] Infest
Aether-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent list, needs more firespout, my suggestion is -4 negate +3 broken amb -1 wog and +2 spout, Also, your manabase seems a little devoid of red/black sources, try replacing the esper trilands with the grixis ones.
nepplar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: broken ambitions Reply with quote

do not play broken ambitions, it is not nearly as good as remove soul or negate especialy as a one of in the deck because when you draw it l8 game they can always pay for it or they just counter it w/ a better counter spell.
shadow483

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also don't seem to be taking advantage of the fact that you do have 5 colors to work with. Condemn and pyroclasm might be good to test with and cloudthresher might also be good either main or sideboard. Bant charm is a decent card to test out.
Hatredy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so many one ofs, no fetch is begging for luck or lose
JeZeus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Bant charm, I've been trying it out and its been working great. In regards to the one broken ambition, I use it mainly because I've been running into A) Faeries (alot) and B) 'planeswalker' deck. Personally I hate the early Bitterblossom drop and try to counter it at all possible. I'd prefer to use my Charm's for drawing then destroying enchantments, and Remove soul doesn't counter Planeswalkers where is broken ambition does. As for the other one slots, well you don't need more then one nucklave its really only there for the LATE game i.e grabbing Cruel Ultimatum and a counter, The one makeshift is just there for the late game as well. The deck has a ton's of card draw so you would be surprised at how often you see those one slots. Luck has nothing to do with it.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1