Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

g/w aggro

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
tinman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: g/w aggro Reply with quote

so here it is

guys
4 llanowar elves
4 steward of valeron
4 wrens run vanquisher
4 kitchen finks
4 wilt leaf caveliers
4 wilt leaf leige
2 oversoul of dusk

spellz
2 primal command
2 crib swap
4 oblivion ring
4 shield of the oversoul

mana
4 wooded bastion
9 forests
9 plains

sb
2 naturalize
2 oversoul of dusk
3 story circle
2 crib swap
3 unmake
3 guttural response

Allright so thats the deck. I would like some opinions
on all of it but specifically these things too. First Im thinking about -2 oversoul of dusk in the board and +2 naturalize. Second does anyone know of any ways in these colors too respond to things like mistbind clique and realm razor besides what i have listed. Third im still trying to find a way to fit 2 garruks in the deck, I am thinking about -2 shields but i am worried about consistency issues if i do that. Finally would 2 elspeth be better than 2 garruk in this deck?

So those issues in particular i would like opinions on, but as i said feel free to post on any questions or comments about the deck

later info super highways, tinman
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

22 lands isn't enough. If you are going to play Oversoul and Liege, you should have at least 23, probably 24 lands in there.

Although Primal Command of course is a very good card, I don't think it fits in this deck. Garruk and/or Elspeth and/or Ajani would be better options.

You have 16 cards in there that costs 3 mana. This means that it is unlikely that you will be able to play two spells in one turn until you got 5 mana or more. One spell per turn is what control decks do, you need to lower the curve, and I think that Oblivion Ring needs to be cut by 2 and perhaps Cavaliers too.

Gaddock Teeg needs to be in there.

So these are the changes I suggest:

4 Llanowar Elves
4 Steward of Valeron
3 Gaddock Teeg
4 Wren's Run Vanquisher
3 Kitchen Finks
2 Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers
4 Wilt-Leaf Liege
2 Oversoul of Dusk

2 Garruk Wildspeaker
1 Elspeth, Knight Errant

3 Shield of the Oversoul
2 Oblivion Ring
2 Crib Swap

4 Treetop Village
4 Wooded Bastion
4 Brushland
6 Forest
6 Plains

1 Gaddock Teeg
3 Wispmare
1 Oblivion Ring
4 Guttural Response
1 Oversoul of Dusk
3 Burrenton Forge-Tender
2 Cloudthresher
magicbmx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dam ved u beat me to the punch on this because well the board isnt my style but the main god yes lol. Trust me you play wg u better play tegg in this format for sure. I am also not sould on wrens run in here not running a ton to go with it. I know llanowar and the hybrids just idk seems like u could play something else in that spot but thats me lol. Also Ved i would run 2 elspeth i feel 2 is the correct number and well garruk is fine at 2 or if u kick wrens run out go to 3 g unit
World

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicbmx wrote:
Dam ved u beat me to the punch on this because well the board isnt my style but the main god yes lol. Trust me you play wg u better play tegg in this format for sure. I am also not sould on wrens run in here not running a ton to go with it. I know llanowar and the hybrids just idk seems like u could play something else in that spot but thats me lol. Also Ved i would run 2 elspeth i feel 2 is the correct number and well garruk is fine at 2 or if u kick wrens run out go to 3 g unit

What about troll. The guy is a beast himself and personally i have to put in teeg in my gw aggro. but yea you can take out wrens run and put in troll maybe with one or two hammer.
tinman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

verd, bmx, world, thanks, they all sound like great suggestions i cant wait to try them if anyone else has anything to say plz fell free to post

cant beleive i forgot about gaddock Shocked Confused Rolling Eyes
Delicious

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the cavaliers should go to 4. for 3 mana a 3/4 vigalence that survives: nameless, agony, lash out, incinerate.
varno345

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-4 wrens run vanquisher +2 cavaliers, +1 kitchen finks, +1 elspeth or garruk.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1