Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

President Barack Obama

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Delicious

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: President Barack Obama Reply with quote

Congrats!! i voted for change!

"YES WE CAN!"
aldaryn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

much bigger landslide than i expected
Delicious

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weak because he has no military expierence?

i am more glad that he has none. i haven't served my country and i am proud of it. Why fight a war that means nothing? he is the one who wants to actually sit down with countries and talk like human beings. not fight like cavemen.

just thankfully this war will be over in 2 years
IshiIshi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whitebread wrote:
I think he was the completely wrong pick. His old mentor pretty much said fuck amercians. That makes people want to vote for him? Or was it that he was found to be working with people that have been found to support terriorist? I will by far not say that i honestly think Mccain was a good pick though either. I think in this case though Obama has no military background like Mccain ( this being a time of war ) we dont need a weak leader.

I can understand the "military experience" argument against him.
The fact he knew a former terrorist though, I don't like.

This guy is now president of the US, he is not going to do anything terrorist-ish, if you honestly think that, your an idiot. Not to sound rude, but, you honestly are if you believe this. What this means is he is liberal, and associated himself with other liberals. Not such a big deal, IMO.
Quantumdemon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Very Happy

America lives up to my expectations once again. Finally after eight crappy years under Bush.
snoopster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAUS OBAMA!!!!! Mr. Green
Craze

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the military and I voted Obama. McCain may have had experience, but his ideas were awful, he was soo dead set on wasting more of our money in Iraq, which would be a mistake.
Obama also has the better economic policy which is really the most important right now anyway.
Delicious

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Economics are probably the biggest factor for why he won. America has shit-tanked and it's taking the whole world down with us.

Obama has given an 18 month pull out plan for iraq

18 months<2 years
center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whitebread wrote:
I think he was the completely wrong pick. His old mentor pretty much said fuck amercians. That makes people want to vote for him? Or was it that he was found to be working with people that have been found to support terriorist? I will by far not say that i honestly think Mccain was a good pick though either. I think in this case though Obama has no military background like Mccain ( this being a time of war ) we dont need a weak leader.

Or you could actually vote on issues instead of "OMG he was once on the same community board as a terrorist!" But that may just be me....
Also, if you look at McCain's career in the milltary, it def doesn't give him an advantage what so ever.
Barnacle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama was a huge supporter of sub prime lending when it was first instituted and has even as recently as this year been heard to say that sube prime lending in theory was a good idea. He went so far as to use his lawyers to sue banks to give out these high risk loans at the same ratio they gave them to safer investors. These banks were told by Fannie and Freddie that the loans would be secure and insured but all the while these companies came up with schemes like "credit swapping" that would allow them to make these loans with no liability to insure they could pay them back when they went bad. And do you know who number three on the list is of Fannie and Freddie's largest donations? Mr Barack Obama. There is footage of him sitting in rooms with the national black caucus while the CEO of Freddie speaks to the nation on c-span about record earnings and growth and blah blah blah. Funny that at the time Obama knew that sub-prime lending had caused an unrepairable mess but he just smiled and agreed. It's not like he had any Ulterior motives to bully banks into giving out these loans.

It's funny that many of those calling for change because of the mess we are in now don't realize Obama and the people he affiliated himself with are responsible for much of the damage.

As for his leadership and experience, has anyone looked at the area he was community organizer over. Have you seen what it is now? Great work he did there, with all the buildings being closed down due to not meeting government regulations. He was black, he was new, he repeated the word change over and over and people voted for him without looking under the surface to see what laid beneath.

And by the way I am neither a Republican, Democrat, McCain supporter or anything else. I believe that politics nowadays are a choice of picking the lesser of two evils and after much research (ie not television ads or garbage that the Obama "street team" spoon feeds people) it's pretty clear that Obama is not who he says he is.
Barnacle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to finally hear someone say something that is sensible, reflective, and well worded for a change Engrish. And you're right. From the electoral college to the 2 party exclusitivity this country is surely not a democracy.
boeda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"For anyone wondering what I mean by republic political system, I am referring to the actual political system where there are counties that elect for a representative who in turn pledges to vote on behalf of whoever he is voted to vote for. America is not a democracy, it is a republic." engrishskill.

I couldn't agree with you more, I do believe though that there are changes coming with Obama as president (although not as much as some voters hoped for).

I'm very happy to see a president who, for now, has the position to adress both black and white and who made a lot of young voters vote.

The power he already has can be used for solving some of the bigger issues.
If he can't or won't, it will be an epic failure and we'll see white republicans for president the next 50 years... I think team Obama realizes the position they are in and at least will try to use it.
canibal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We are the USA the #1 most hated country in the world.

And that's the way is going to stay. At least from my side.
Tink903

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we ill not leave Iraq........candidates will say anything to get a vote and nothing ever happens
Hatredy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canibal wrote:
Quote:
We are the USA the #1 most hated country in the world.

And that's the way is going to stay. At least from my side.

Computers, the internet, and MTG were all invented in the USA. You should go spew your hate speech some place where it won't be so comically ironic.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7