Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading decks

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
getmatt201

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Loading decks Reply with quote

Whenever I try to load a deck onto magic league to join a tournament like T2 it nevers finds the deck. Its there when I pplay but not when I try to enter a tournament. I have windows vista if its a bug or something.

PLZ HELP!
Thorns

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember the steps you need to take, but something about the files being under private user. All you need is to make the files public, as copy-pasting your deck folder onto your desktop or something. Someone else should confirm this, but you can try it without being worried about your files.
garetjax

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try closing mws, sometimes that helps. Otherwise make a folder on your desktop called Decks and then goto File> Save deck as, and save it to that folder
getmatt201

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I save all my decks right to the mws file and not the deck file.

When I go to my computer it doesn't show the decks but when I press compatibility files it shoes the decks.
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

put your decks into a public folder on your desktop should make it work
Laplie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mTk-Away wrote:
In Vista applications can for security reasons only access their own folders and public folders in drive C. So, if you're using, say, Firefox it can't access your decks that are in the MWS folder.

Solution: Put your decks in some public folder, such as desktop or to another drive than C.
Poopsack2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem. I went into the folder and clicked on Compatibility Files near the top. It goes to all the decks. Just cut and paste those into the normal file
Delicious

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laplie wrote:
mTk-Away wrote:
In Vista applications can for security reasons only access their own folders and public folders in drive C. So, if you're using, say, Firefox it can't access your decks that are in the MWS folder.

Solution: Put your decks in some public folder, such as desktop or to another drive than C.

i don't understand why, when someone has a problem, they auto point to vista. i have been using vista for almost a year now and haven't had one problem
rdeg87

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i don't understand why, when someone has a problem, they auto point to vista. i have been using vista for almost a year now and haven't had one problem

I also use Vista and have had manys a problem with loading decks and master bases.
Every time a new set comes out its a nightmare trying to get it going.
I've lost hours of my life going through guides trying to find solutions for problems caused by Vista's 'User Control'

Just follow Laplie's advice, that should fix it
Delicious

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you are just doing it wrong

i have never had a problem loading anything.

it's not vista, it's the user
Crevette

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I confirm it's vista the problem. The "user control" hides directory, files, and does so many things "for security" that's XP doesn't. Is there anybody who know how to desactivate this "vista control" on a particulary directory ?
onlainari

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is vista.

I found where my decks, game logs, and masterbase hide.

When I load a new set from text, I have to do the most complicated thing.

File, open library, go back to c, then go through users, onlainari, appdata etc, to find the master base.

Then create a new deck and add some cards and save (ctrl s) it.

Then i load the spoiler from text file. Then I add some cards to my deck, then press the red x button to close the workstation. It says do i want to save, I say yes. This is a difference save to ctrl s, that's why you have to do it this way.

When you load it again the library will only be the cards you had in the deck, find the master base again in virtual store and load that, ctrl s, and exit.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1