Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

two rules questions.

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings

how expensive will tezzerret be in one month on Ebay?
it should plateau around the 20-25 mark; while it is mythic, the set is not out that long, is not as large as other sets, and there will be an increase in supply.
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
it will fall below 20: in addition to the reson above it is overrated as a card, none of the top 8 upcoming extended PT BERLIN decks will be carrying it.
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
This will card will get as expensive as tarmogoyf.(50ish) It is playable in extended, legacy, standard and vintage, at tier 1 level. It rocks.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
this card will be more expensive than tarmogoyf ever will be. In addition to being a bomb, it's mythic rare and will be hoarded endlessly by card-collecting geeks who have no sense of its utility. expect to see it go for 60+ a pop.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
while it is true that the card possesses excellent qualities, it will seldom see maindeck play in playset quantities, being instead a 2-of. Expect to pay 32-37 for one copy.
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
a downturn in the global economy will see the disappearance of Vintage as a physical format. Vintage players will move equity in collections to gold, as currencies collapse worldwide.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
52.50 exactly
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

baz9980

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: two rules questions. Reply with quote

I have heard that one may use an 'until end of turn' ability after the end of turn phases and before the next turn begins, thus enabling (if wanted ) a further use of the ability the following turn is this true? EG a creature has an ability that reads RR: +2/+0 until end of turn. Can I pay the RR after end of turn, untap and again use the ability?

2. I have a courier capsule in play. I sac it. In response, i play a momentary blink from hand, targeting the capsule. When it comes into play can I use the ability again before it goes to the graveyard?
Omnomcake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: two rules questions. Reply with quote

baz9980 wrote:
I have heard that one may use an 'until end of turn' ability after the end of turn phases and before the next turn begins, thus enabling (if wanted ) a further use of the ability the following turn is this true? EG a creature has an ability that reads RR: +2/+0 until end of turn. Can I pay the RR after end of turn, untap and again use the ability?

2. I have a courier capsule in play. I sac it. In response, i play a momentary blink from hand, targeting the capsule. When it comes into play can I use the ability again before it goes to the graveyard?

1. no

2. the sac is a part of the cost, meaning nothing goes on the stack until the capsule is gone, so momentary blinking would have no purpose.
ShaunD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tezzeret will be $5 soon, seeing how its only 'good' in T1 and maybe legacy, and it'll be a 'one of' not a 4 of staple like tarmogoyf.
Answer to Question 1
In the scenario you describe doesnt work. Doing something during the end of turn step that doesn't make a token that lasts until end of turn (like kiki-jiki, the mirror breaker) ends at the end of turn step.
Answer to Question 2
If you Activate Tezzeret to make all artifacts into 5/5's, then activate C.Capsule, you can't blink it because sacrificing it is part of the activation. which you can't respond to.
ransom3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do things that end "at end of turn" after the beginning of the end of turn step, and those effects will last until the next end of turn step begins.

However, effects that last "until end of turn" always end during the current turn.

The wording is the difference between the two cases.
trueeevil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad the reason it will be so high is that its playable in vintage. Even as a 1 of, but it will most surely be a 4 of in new time vault decks.
baz9980

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: tezzeret question and poll Reply with quote

thanks for the reply guys. I realise it was phrased a little poorly. I got the answers i was looking for, i believe. The difference between 'until end of turn' and the at end of turn was what i was trying to figure out. As for the blink question, what if the cost was only tapping the creature - could i tap multiple times with momentary blink?i have one more question -
I have an Ichorid in my yard, a dredge creature in my yard, and a bazaar of baghdad in play. Can I stack the dredge ability from the bazaar of baghdad before the Ichorid's upkeep ability(to dredge a black creature into yard)?
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Depends, if you're talking about an ability with a tap symbol, than no, because the creature will be summoning sick again, once it returns from his blink and thus can't use his own abilities with the tap (or untap) symbol. If you're talking about an ability without a tap symbol, than yes, you can use it multiple times if you blink the creature in between, which basically untaps it.

2. The first thing that happens when the upkeep begins is that upkeep triggered abilities go on the stack, so no, you can't do it before the ability goes on the stack. That doesn't stop you though.

With the ability of the Ichorid on the stack you can play the ability of the Bazaar of Baghdad, replacing the draws with dredging (nothing is triggering here, dredge is a replacement effect for a draw, not a triggered ability), hoping to put some black creatures into the graveyard.

Only when you are done with the dredging and discarding will the ability of Ichorid resolve and, assuming you dredged a black creature into the yard, you can now put it into play.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1