Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reveilark

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Reich

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reveilark Reply with quote

So a bunch of these decks were posted on star city games the past couple of days. What do you guys think of this version over the others. I've tested it a lot and it seems pretty good against anything, and some of those other versions seemed a little meh to me.

4 sunken ruins
4 pool
2 mystic gate
4 vived creek
4 vived meadow
2 plains
4 islands
1 graven cairns

4 reveilark
4 finks
4 muldrifter
4 fulminator mage

3 WOG
3 esper charm
4 cryptic command
3 manniquin
3 bant charm
3 broken ambitions

SB
1 WOG
2 mindshatter
3 infest
1 Oona
4 Jund Charm
1 Glen Elendra Archmage
3 Runed Halo

I'm pretty terrible at making mana bases so let me know how to improve it especially in that department.
el_cuervito

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol ,copy batutinha list in master, is better =)
glen elendra > fulminator mage if u think fulminator is vs toast
Eolas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

el_cuervito wrote:
lol ,copy batutinha list in master, is better =)
glen elendra > fulminator mage if u think fulminator is vs toast

really?
Dakkon555

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bant charm is not needed, take out jund charm too.

if your running the fulminator version then your probably expecting control alot so obviously add tidehollow sculler.

your creatures should look like this,
4 Reveillark
4 Tidehollow Sculler
4 Fulminator Mage
4 Mulldrifter

put finks in sb instead of jund charm. and take out oona from sb, you either use her or not no maybes.

Also try to add 3 sower of temptation, maybe instead of the bant charms

and you need 4 esper charm since its incredible versus fae and control

in versions like this i have been seeing people run 1 Profane Command which is a great finisher late game, so if you can run that as 1 of try it.

You need to work on the land base better as well, needs moar fetid heath and arcane sanctum and less vivids (run only 4-6 tap lands)

EDIT: I see you dont have 2-3 Glen Elendra Archmage in the sb. change that Smile
Reich

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i was debating on the scullar or not and putting finks in the sb gave me the room for them. thanks for that input i just tested the new version and it works pretty good other than the fact that mws shuffler sucks alot.
slade_

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dakkon555 wrote:

bant charm is not needed, take out jund charm too.

if your running the fulminator version then your probably expecting control alot so obviously add tidehollow sculler.

your creatures should look like this,
4 Reveillark
4 Tidehollow Sculler
4 Fulminator Mage
4 Mulldrifter

put finks in sb instead of jund charm. and take out oona from sb, you either use her or not no maybes.

Also try to add 3 sower of temptation, maybe instead of the bant charms

and you need 4 esper charm since its incredible versus fae and control

in versions like this i have been seeing people run 1 Profane Command which is a great finisher late game, so if you can run that as 1 of try it.

You need to work on the land base better as well, needs moar fetid heath and arcane sanctum and less vivids (run only 4-6 tap lands)

EDIT: I see you dont have 2-3 Glen Elendra Archmage in the sb. change that Smile

Disregard, this man is clearly insane.
FallenAngel1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For states im torn between running this, 5cc Control, or Faeries. Im probably gonna go with the 5cc Control, but my list for this is a little different.

24x Lands

4x Reveilark
4x Mulldrifter
4x Fulminator Mage
4x Tidehollow Sculler
2x Sower of Temptation

4x Cryptic Command
4x Wrath of God
3x Broken Ambitions
4x Esper Charm
3x Makeshift Mannequin

SIDEBOARD
4x Kitchen Finks (RDW or Aggro)
3x Glen Elendra Archmage (Any Control Deck)
2x Jace Beleren (Any Control Deck)
3x Runed Halo (Cruel Ultimatium)
3x Infest (Aggro)

The mana base is a lot easier to make up because your only worrying about 3 colors. I play about 6-8 CIPT Lands and dont have a problem, i think 4 Arcane Sanctum and 2x Vivid Lands is good. Obv 4x Reflecting Pool, and fil in what you like for the rest of the mana base.
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel you have the right idea. Don't participate with this lark deck.

On the other hand, I'm not sure that 5cc is a better choice if you can go with Faeries.

And BANT CHARM is far way the best new ALA card in control decks. OK not the best, but one of the bests. Smile Take this into consideration when you make a decision.
badasssmurf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bant Charm?? No one runs artifacts that are of any consequnce in standard, and if you want to ship a creature to the bottom, play condemn. Its cheaper.Esper charm deals with bitterblossom and can be an instant speed mind rot. Bant charm doesn't even come close to that in power.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1