Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BRg Token conrlol

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
nonroker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: BRg Token conrlol Reply with quote

This deck started to wriggle around in my mind as soon as i realized how absolutely devastaing Grave Pact in the RBg tokens deck can be to certain decks. Its the new Damnation people (lol).

The deck needs work still, but as it is it can have similar clocks to normal Token decks. It lacks Nantaku husk, but makes up for it by being more controlling. I disliked the randomnes of the husk anyway. Sometimes its absolutely devastating. Other times, a few untapped lands on you opponents side means its a gray ogre. Or if you're a bad player, your own personal board sweeper, once your husk eats an unmake.

//Lands 25
1 x Springjack Pasture (funny with Grave pact)
4 x Vivid Marsh
4 x Savage Lands
3 x Graven Cairns
1 x Twilight Mire
4 x Reflecting pool
3 x Swamp
3 x Moutain
2 x Forest

//Creatures (13)
4 x Sprouting Thrinax
4 x Marsh Flitter
4 x Siege Gange commander
1 x Furystoke giant

//Other spells (22)
4 x Bitterblossom
4 x Goblin Assault
4 x Dragon Fodder
4 x Bone Splinters
3 x Grave Pact
3 x Torrent of Souls

//Sideboard (15)
4 x Gleeful sabotage (For problem enchantments)
4 x Guttaral response (For getting a furystoke or Siege gang to resolve against blue)
4 x Caldera hellion (for the mirror)
2 x Furystoke Giant (For control decks with few creatures)
1 x Gravepact (for agro and agro control decks)

Please let me know what I missed. I'm testing this deck as much as I can, and it really feels more like an agro-control deck than a agro deck (normal Tokens falls into this category).

The Goblin assault, Bitterblossom, Sprouting Thrinax and Torrent of souls gives it a degree of resilience to sweepers.

Grave pact combos nicely with Siege-gange Comander, Marsh Flitter and Springjack pasture, as well as making attacks and block unpleasant for your opponent. The bone splinters doesn't quite work as well with Grave pact, since your opponent can just sac the target of the bone splinters. This is because Grave pact triggers as you're putting Bone splinters on the stack and will resolve first. But Bone splinters can easily kill two of your own 1/1 tokens, causing your opponent the loss of two of his (probably much more costly) creatures.

I'm still tweaking the list, testing and so on. My most recent change was to remove a large number of non-basic land and replace them with basics. This is to combat the ever-increasing use of the fulminator mage + reveilark.
EMA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think u're the only one in the whole world that finds nantuko husk is bad in this deck. Husk is actually the nuts in this deck.
nonroker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say Husk is bad, merely that I didn't like the fact that it would be an overcosted bear in a lot of games. Allowing your opponent to take both tempo and card advantage from a Unmake or condemn is no fun.
PonzaFreak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty solid list, I like the inclusion of Bone Splinters, I was thinking I don't really like that card but it's pretty good in here. This seems like a pretty basic RBG list, I'd consider throwing in a couple of warhammers if you can manage. Also jund charm is pretty good, potentially even if you just want to sideboard it. Predator Dragon seems like a better win condition then furystoke but that's just me, I'd play both if I could.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1