Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching Girlfriend how to play

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Dakkon555

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Teaching Girlfriend how to play Reply with quote

Hey im teaching my gf how to play and i need two 40 card budget decks running under $6 each.

what r 2 really basic cheap lists? nothing really complicated please.

I would do this myself but all I could think of was grizzly bears.
trueeevil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strip magic.
Amaterasu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trueeevil wrote:
Strip magic.

...Genius...
curly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abso-fucking=didili awsome idea true
PonzaFreak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even want to know what the alternate victory deckings gets you would be called in that sort of a game.
slade_

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 Mountain
8 Forest
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Troll Ascetic
4 Chameleon Colossus
4 Incinerate
4 Flame Javelin

VS.

10 Island
6 Swamp
4 Spellstutter Sprite
4 Scion of Oona
4 Mistbind Clique
4 Bitterblossom
4 Snakeform
4 Cryptic Command

Enjoy!
trueeevil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

win = sex
ChiDoRiE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are some budget lists
Ggerg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh, they're more like $10 each, but you could get 2 starter decks...or whatever they're called now...uh, intro packs?
IkeReilly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see if you can get your hands on the Goblins vs Elves Duel Decks, they are designed to face each other and represent the flavor of magic fairly well from what I hear.
CHRONICBL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

easiest way to teach someone to play is go on magic online and use their precon decks. it teaches people phases and the stack and with really simple decks and its all automated. you can play with their 40 card precon decks for free. its their magic online "trial"
Hank333

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just build 40 card singelton decks using cards i like that i already own. You can use all those old cards that you never get to play with. Just keep it simple and make the decks mono colored. I don't think your gf is going to say "this card is not T2 legal" or anything like that.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Teach her (or anyone wanting to learn Magic) the purpose of combat, tapping, the mana symbols, the basic differences between Permanent and Spell. The Phases, the Zones. This can only be taught by reading or being told/shown.

2. Make a Red deck with Mountains, vanilla creatures, instants (burn, pump) and sorceries (burn, pump). Make a Green deck with vanilla big creatures, mana acceleration... i.e make 5 basic colour-flavoured mono decks which are evenly matched.

3. Don't rush her (them). The details, like playing creatures in Main Phase 2 so that she has open mana when attacking, comes with experience. Let her find out for herself what is smart to do and not to do. At this point, it is the rules that matter, not the strategy.

4. When she starts trying out strategies with these simple decks, making right calls... simply put - starts to understand Magic, then introduce the basic creature abilities (Flying, First Strike, Trample, Regeneration, Protection) and more advanced spells (for example Whirlpool Whelm instead of Boomerang for the Blue deck).

5. Next step is introducing synergies and combos, as well as activated abilities, nonbasics. Make decks that encourage "stack wars".

6. Let her make a deck herself, out of the cards you have introduced so far. Now you have created a newbie... congratulations.
Lenin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use only cards girls understand too. Like KITCHEN Finks.
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3