Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GW Beats

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Tapater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: GW Beats Reply with quote

Iv been tinkering with this list for a few days and it seems to have pretty good matchups with everything except tempo control if it plays consistantly. I tried to keep the curve reasonable so it can keep up with kithkins so I dont have to run mass removal. Its still kinda sketchy though. I need help with what spells to run.

// Lands
4 [10E] Treetop Village
4 [MOR] Mutavault
4 [TE] Reflecting Pool
4 [5E] Brushland
4 [SHM] Wooded Bastion
3 [UNH] Forest
1 [UNH] Plains

// Creatures
4 [FNM] Llanowar Elves
3 [6E] Birds of Paradise
4 [SHM] Kitchen Finks
3 [ALA] Battlegrace Angel
4 [SHM] Wilt-Leaf Liege
3 [MOR] Chameleon Colossus
3 [LRW] Gaddock Teeg
3 [SHM] Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers

// Spells
3 [LRW] Oblivion Ring
3 [ALA] Gift of the Gargantuan
3 [SHM] Shield of the Oversoul

Thoughts??
PenguinSlave

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i honestly like ur idea but i think u'll die to any mass removal like u said.so i dunno Gaddok teeg should help but then ul need to run 4? i think oversoul wud be a good creature to run having proc alot haha.i think the deck looks good though
ShaunD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your playing to many lands that don't add green mana on the first turn to consistently go turn 1 bird/elf. You should also try out the WG 2/2 vigilance, guy from Alara.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes if you played 4 Birds only, and had several important 2-drops as well - thus not basing the first few turns entirely on getting 3 mana turn 2, then 7 lands producing G turn 1 is enough.

But you play 3 elves as well, obviously making it a major strategy to have 3 mana turn 2 - and then 7 is not enough. I would go up to 10.
Eldar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might sound a bit random but how about the GW steward from alara that taps for G and has vigilance. Seems relatively decent. I like him over teeg in the main as he swings for 2 and taps to drop colossus/liege/angel a turn earlier.
ZW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, all teeg does is stop the cards that beat you, like mirrorweave, spectral procession, wrath of god, hallowed burial, austere command, cryptic command, etc.
Tapater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is only my third build of the deck so I havent quite got all the synergies right yet. I droped the stewards becuase I was concentrating more on 3 drops turn 2 (I run 13 of them), I was also running vanquisher but got dropped for same reason. Do you think it would be better to run consistant 2 drops as a backup? Or change the manabase to have green open turn 1 more often??

I made the change -4 llanowar elves +1 bop +3 steward of valeron. I think it should help, anything else??
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tapater wrote:
This is only my third build of the deck so I havent quite got all the synergies right yet. I droped the stewards becuase I was concentrating more on 3 drops turn 2 (I run 13 of them), I was also running vanquisher but got dropped for same reason. Do you think it would be better to run consistant 2 drops as a backup? Or change the manabase to have green open turn 1 more often??

I made the change -4 llanowar elves +1 bop +3 steward of valeron. I think it should help, anything else??

Just cut the Treetop Villages and add 3 Forests and 1 plains. You don't need to do much more than that. I have found that Steward's mana ability is rarely used, and it is dangerous to attack with him these days.. if you need the mana afterwards. He is a great target for Shield of the Oversoul, though.

This was one of the first decks I made with Alara:

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [ALA] Forest (2)
4 [ALA] Seaside Citadel
2 [LRW] Vivid Grove
4 [SHM] Reflecting Pool
4 [EVE] Flooded Grove
2 [10E] Brushland
3 [10E] Yavimaya Coast

// Creatures
4 [10E] Birds of Paradise
4 [LRW] Gaddock Teeg
4 [ALA] Jhessian Infiltrator
3 [SHM] Kitchen Finks
3 [LRW] Pestermite
4 [ALA] Rhox War Monk
2 [ALA] Rafiq of the Many
4 [ALA] Stoic Angel

// Spells
3 [ALA] Oblivion Ring
2 [SHM] Shield of the Oversoul
4 [ALA] Bant Charm
Tapater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want to go into blue. If I went into blue I would make it more tempo oriented and I dont want to do that yet.

// Lands
4 [10E] Treetop Village
3 [MOR] Mutavault
4 [TE] Reflecting Pool
4 [5E] Brushland
4 [SHM] Wooded Bastion
4 [UNH] Forest
1 [UNH] Plains

// Creatures
4 [6E] Birds of Paradise
4 [SHM] Kitchen Finks
3 [ALA] Battlegrace Angel
4 [SHM] Wilt-Leaf Liege
3 [MOR] Chameleon Colossus
4 [LRW] Gaddock Teeg
4 [ALA] Steward of Valeron

// Spells
3 [LRW] Oblivion Ring
3 [ALA] Gift of the Gargantuan
3 [EVE] Snakeform
1 [SHM] Shield of the Oversoul

Updated version. I like the steward if I have a liege but thats about it, the fixing dosent really help me often and he dies to all the creatures in the format easily, so any suggestions as to good 2 drops to take his spot??
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1