Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bant Lock

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
coolcreep

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GirlWitCards wrote:
coolcreep wrote:
Looks like driving isn't the only thing women can't do right. Oh, and voting too. Your "hard lock" dies to bounce spells, and requires a ton of investment.
It's one thing to make a typical unintelligent internet post, but it's just fuckin funny when you wind up looking like a dumbass in the process. Sure you did men proud in that statement...

As for us driving impared females, we're aware that angel has shroud! Making it extremely hard to deal with...so unless your opponent is stacking there deck with crappy situational cards that are useless to other decks and have only one purpose in fighting my tutorable strategy...I don't think i'll be worried about it...the rest of the deck will probably beat that match up without the combo...which happens frequently.

I think the only viable out is to remove all my creatures and THEN use the UBR ultimatum

Or, you know, cancel.

www.womenbehavingbadly.net

Last edited by coolcreep on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
AF79

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolcreep wrote:
I don't bother looking at bad cards more than once. When i first saw him there was no shroud.
Don't try to save your face. You got owned. Accept it.

As for the deck, I really like it. There's a deck which looks like it on the Gleemax forums - also utilizing the Elspeth + Archangel combo.

I prefer it without the Mannequin - the cards are strong enough to stand on their own, and the threat of a hard lock is very pressurizing against any kind of non-aggro deck.

The hard lock will have troubles with Hallowed Burial which, I believe, will see more play now that the meta slows down. I'll side with the guy saying 'needs moar counterspells!'.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: coolcreep is a retard Reply with quote

Ok I've been coming here for a long time. And in that entire time I've never heard coolcreep say anything productive nor have I heard anyone's ever say anything positive about him...especially after playing a match with him. There's nothing "cool" about being you. You're juss a creep. You are a moron...your defense to your dumbass comment was to say you don't look at cards you don't deem worth more than once... so didn't see it had shroud...that juss makes you blind and stupid... so I don't expect you to make it to old age...please....PLEASE do NOT reproduce...and the way you attacked GirlWitCards gender...I'm pretty secure in the fact you won't...you'll die the virgin you are at an early age...Wooot! Thank Goodness for Natural Selection...and no dumbcreep...I'm NOT talking about the magic card.
mTk-Away
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GirlWitCards wrote:
I think the only viable out is to remove all my creatures and THEN use the UBR ultimatum

Hallowed Burial, Cruel Edict, Warren Weirding, Fleshback Marauder, Grave Pact(!)
+ the unplayable rares (Ultimatum, Din of the Fireherd)
+ all of the blue "return all" cards that nobody plays
GirlWitCards

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is very similar to the one on gleemax...in fact that's my brothers...so yeah. that list is version one.

So, this deck stomps most aggro...so what can we peal back and fight control with? Currently the deck has little to respond against an ultimatum being played or any major spells. Someone please make a list BASED on this one or offer card suggestions.

I want to squeeze in cryptic command.. but im not sure the mana base will like it, despite it being color friendly, i still see it not coming online till like turn 6 and can be delayed pretty harshly

Perhaps i should sb the condemsn out and throw in 3-4 cancels?
Bigshow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this was said, im sorry but TL/RD

You deck seems clunky and slow. You focus too much on draw, and a lot of your cards are 4+ mana cost. your green, you might as well add some accel. SUre you have mindstone, but eventually that can be dealt with.

I can't think of what other cards to use, so far all my thoughts for seraching for lands or mana have been, farhaven elf, rampant growth..and i hate to say it fertile ground.

Next, your deck relies too much off of draw to hit your one ofs. Mind Spring? With all that accel I know your putting in, you should as well play mind spring.

I say cut the stuff you definately dont need. If its a fog deck, build it better. The double strike guy is definately cuttable

xoxoxoxoxoxo
Bigshow
Ggerg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

correct me if i'm wrong, but the difference between a soft lock and a hard lock is that a hard lock cannot be disrupted once it is set up, vs a soft lock which can.

ya.
also, this deck, as said previously, is very slow and inconsistent.
Bigshow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ggerg wrote:
correct me if i'm wrong, but the difference between a soft lock and a hard lock is that a hard lock cannot be disrupted once it is set up, vs a soft lock which can.

ya.
also, this deck, as said previously, is very slow and inconsistent.

Yah, I like the concept of this hard lock, but it needs a better search outlet
Dakkon555

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try something kind of like this,

// Lands
4 [ALA] Seaside Citadel
4 [SHM] Reflecting Pool
4 [SHM] Mystic Gate
4 [LRW] Vivid Creek
2 [10E] Yavimaya Coast
2 [10E] Adarkar Wastes
2 [SHM] Island
1 [LRW] Plains
1 [10E] Forest

// Creatures
1 [ALA] Empyrial Archangel
4 [LRW] Mulldrifter
2 [ALA] Stoic Angel
4 [LRW] Sower of Temptation
2 [MOR] Vendilion Clique
1 [ALA] Rafiq of the Many

// Spells
4 [ALA] Bant Charm
4 [ALA] Hindering Light
3 [10E] Condemn
3 [LRW] Primal Command
2 [ALA] Elspeth, Knight-Errant
4 [LRW] Cryptic Command
2 [LRW] Oblivion Ring

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [LRW] Oblivion Ring
SB: 3 [10E] Wrath of God
SB: 4 [ALA] Relic of Progenitus
SB: 4 [LRW] Burrenton Forge-Tender
SB: 2 [SHM] Kitchen Finks

Stoics, Sowers, and Cliques are better md creatures because clique can destroy their search engines/combos, sower screws with their creatures, and Stoic beats blossom and messes with the opponent's board if hes massing.

I thought you needed Hindering Light because its such a great counterspell, and lets you draw a card.

I also added 4 cryptics since its the best card in the format Smile
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nazreg wrote:
Now, if everyone who has used Elspeth's 3rd ability could raise their hands.

I won't be holding my breath tho.

I was at 8 counters once!

... But that turn I won, so no, didn't get to use it Sad
VylePhinder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummmm..... its not a hard lock at all, its called crib swap or hallowed burial, in limited empyreal archangel is an immovable juggernaut. In constructed, she is a chump.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VylePhinder wrote:
ummmm..... its not a hard lock at all, its called crib swap or hallowed burial, in limited empyreal archangel is an immovable juggernaut. In constructed, she is a chump.

Crib Swap does nothing against the archangel.

But a little testing makes me wonder if she is overkill only once she is in play, or if reanimating her (or casting her, for that matter) is delayed until I got control. I must say that the times she have entered play for me, I did not feel very threatened. That may of course be because I knew that nothing could if I wanted to.
VylePhinder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true about the crib swap. (P.S. I'm a genius). But seriously she is a little chump, common played answers for archangel in T2 (besides hallowed burial) are: Cryptic command, broken ambitions, remove soul, wrath of god, thoughtseize, and other enginuative ways as well. Anyway, you get the point. Empyreal Archangel in limited=you win game. Empyreal Archangel in T2=stop playing magic.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VylePhinder wrote:
That's true about the crib swap. (P.S. I'm a genius). But seriously she is a little chump, common played answers for archangel in T2 (besides hallowed burial) are: Cryptic command, broken ambitions, remove soul, wrath of god, thoughtseize, and other enginuative ways as well. Anyway, you get the point. Empyreal Archangel in limited=you win game. Empyreal Archangel in T2=stop playing magic.

Well, I have tested her in a QnT-ish deck using Grave Connoisseur to get her (and others) in the graveyard, then Makeshift Mannequin. Although I can hardcast her, I don't plan to. What I have noticed is that:

A. If I get her into play, I win unless
A.1 they have Chameleon Colossus
A.2 they have Cloudthresher in hand and 6 mana untapped
A.3 they are so choke full of win conditions that she is just a 4-mana black fog.

B. I wait to play her until she is needed. This means that
B.1 I have control if I can play her or reanimate her. She doesn't actually need to enter play for me to have control.
B.2 She is so strong that she feels like overkill with butter and sugar on when she is in play. I am not sure if that means she is overkill, though.

C. Maybe B.B.2 is because I cannot possibly play her before turn 6 unless I am on the draw and play nothing until I Mulldrift on turn 3.

D. Considering I run 2 Archangel and 2 Connoisseur as a "combo", I could have four slots open if I didn't run her. How good is this really? Need more testing to find out.
zchen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughtseize really wrecks this deck.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3