Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U/W Control whith Shards of Alara

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
prodiG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut an Elspeth or two, they aren't that good...Consider playing a fourth archon
Cut Dream Fracture for Cancel
Consider using Kederekt Leviathan
mossivo1986

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Cut an Elspeth or two, they aren't that good...Consider playing a fourth archon
Cut Dream Fracture for Cancel
Consider using Kederekt Leviathan"

snort snort elspeth isn't that good. And cutting dream isn't an option in a u/w control deck. If anything he needs more cantrips. As far as archon is concerned if I were going to get to it t4, then I would most deffinately back up my ww3 ld spell with makeshift manaquin, this splashing black.

If anything cut boomerang, or splash black.
Also oonya is amazing. Heres a u/b/w list im working on:

// Lands
5 [UNH] Island
4 [LRW] Vivid Creek
4 [SOA] Arcane Sanctum
4 [SHM] Reflecting Pool
1 [EVE] Fetid Heath
3 [SHM] Mystic Gate
3 [SHM] Sunken Ruins
1 [EVE] Springjack Pasture

// Creatures
4 [LRW] Mulldrifter
4 [LRW] Shriekmaw
2 [SHM] Oona, Queen of the Fae
3 [LRW] Sower of Temptation

// Spells
1 [EVE] Spitting Image
4 [LRW] Cryptic Command
4 [LRW] Broken Ambitions
3 [LRW] Makeshift Mannequin
3 [10E] Wrath of God
4 [SOA] Esper Charm
3 [10E] Condemn

I won't share the sb because it's still in construction and since theres no meta yet I would say you need atleast

x3: wispmare
x3: infest

Fulminator mage: with reveilark this = gg for quickntoast

Kitchen finks "it clutters the main too much, and condemn has been just better all the time.

Reveilark: more of a I win against decks that like to be annoying with excessive removal "like this one Smile"

faerie macabre: because its awesome?

Either way its up to you. fyi esper charm is a beating if timed properly. Its also amazing in the sense that you can pull out removal and on your turn drop sower unprotected ftw.
mossivo1986

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 shrieks sounds excesive I understand, but when you look at the fact that the deck has little win conditions and how nutty it is with both mannequin or splitting, trust me you will change your mind. In the matches shriek is bad then change it up post board. Theres pleanty of ways to do so. shriek is bad against faeries, so switch wispmare in with a finks, and maybe alittle something else called INFEST!!!! its back yay

Anyways I think shiek is great as a 4 of. Test my model. thoughts? opinions?
mossivo1986

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so in your testing of four games you tested with what deck? Did the u/w/b lists match my u/b/w list? In all of your games did you play a full 2-3 games or did you play randoms on mwsplay win and quit after you won g1?

Taking a test pool of four games does not make a decks integrity any less good. It depends mostly on the pilot, then the build, then luck, not in any real particular order.

Either way the u/b/w list I have provided is very solid and has basicly lost game 1 to r/b tokens consistently, which it should be doing anyways. It also looses to ultimatium.dec because it just doesn't plan on a deck being able to outlast it for that long. The sb brings in fulminator mage and reveilark to make sure they don't hit seven land, or to slow them enough down so that you'll have the counters when it comes up. That said test the deck before you judge it. Make your own decisions based on your own style and playskill.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1