Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Esper Control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
mossivo1986

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the model i've been working on.
to note archon of justice to me fealt not good enough, basicly a 5 cc Ld spell alot of the time. I mean I know it can do alot more, but it just didnt cut it for me.

Kitchen finks actually moved to the side for me as it fealt more like filler then a real neccesary card for the md. I tested this model alot and heres what I have come up with

// Lands
5 [UNH] Island
4 [LRW] Vivid Creek
4 [SOA] Arcane Sanctum
4 [SHM] Reflecting Pool
1 [EVE] Fetid Heath
3 [SHM] Mystic Gate
3 [SHM] Sunken Ruins
1 [EVE] Springjack Pasture

// Creatures
4 [LRW] Mulldrifter
4 [LRW] Shriekmaw
2 [SHM] Oona, Queen of the Fae
3 [LRW] Sower of Temptation

// Spells
1 [EVE] Spitting Image
4 [LRW] Cryptic Command
4 [LRW] Broken Ambitions
3 [LRW] Makeshift Mannequin
3 [10E] Wrath of God
4 [SOA] Esper Charm
3 [10E] Condemn

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [MOR] Reveillark
SB: 3 [SHM] Faerie Macabre
SB: 3 [SHM] Fulminator Mage
SB: 4 [SHM] Kitchen Finks
SB: 3 [SOA] Infest

also river kelpie is sub par to me without raven's crime and even then it still isn't all that fantastic as you cant just "win" with it. you just basicly increase the odds of you winning, but its still just a 3/3 and it has to resolve and you have to have lands in hand to continue the beatings. It just didnt work for me either. I have found with as slow as manabases are right now fulminator mage rips apart quickntoast as well as recuring them with reveilark/ makeshift manaquin.
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are you playing kelpies with no retrace cards...
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
why are you playing kelpies with no retrace cards...

Kelpie draws cards off his persist creatures? Not to mention his opponents persist/retrace.
cheezywitz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing and esper deck. I have had good results with kelpie and ravens crime. I have not lost to a control deck including faeries yet.
mossivo1986

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different people will have different results. Personally I felat kelpie was a waist of slots in the sb and mb. I couldn't see keeping him in the sb over fulminator mage and I couldn't see keeping kelpie in the md as it gets absolutely hammered by anything control or aggro.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1