Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sideboarding w. Shuhei Nakamura's Elves - Help Needed.

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only 17 elves in there, so I suppose that few or none of them are touched in game 2 and 3 regardless of opposing deck, unless you take out Wren's Run Vanquishers. 15-17 elves are minimum to ensure you can play them turn 2, and a bit few if you play a Llanowar Elves turn 1.

That leaves Kitchen Finks, Murderous Redcap, Tarmogoyf, Profane Command and Thoughtseize as cards you would want to side out.

Against RDW you would want 2 Slaugher Pact, 3 Primal Command and 1 Murderous Redcap in. Out goes Thoughtseize, and 2 Profane Command (or 1 Command, 1 Goyf). That is an easy one, quite obvious choices.

As for the other decks, I have not played with this deck, so I don't really know.
mossivo1986

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that nationals in general you face alot more controlish style decks and I would strongly suggest mind shatter if thats the case. Its probobly best against lark as opposed to primal command and it really allows you to explode. I know the few times ive lost to elves "I play lark" it has been to random mind shatter.
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Against Reveillark Faerie Macabre is the tech. Smile
shadow483

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For fairies I would cut 2 profanes, 2 redcaps, and maybe an eyeblights or a nameless, for another colossus, cloudthresher, and 3 bitterblossom. Your profanes aren't that good because their tokens are black so fear isn't that good, any removal you play runs the risk of getting mistbind cliqued or scion of oona. Your bitterblossum will counter act your opponents bitterblossom and your life gain will give you an advantage.
trueeevil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats wrong with goyf vs red?
[ms]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he keeps in his persist creatures versus fae and rev due to the wog/damnations as far as i know and why would you side out goys:/versus red where they can get big rather quickly and only be shot down by skreds...
Finntroll

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing with the deck for a little while, and as far as I've come to understand of the deck:

Shuhei somehow almost always manages to ignore having SB for the Reveillark matchup, and he always seems to do allright (by somehow avoiding it). I would not suggest trying this if you want to make top 8 at nationals, as people in the upper tier tend to have control decks, and Reveillark is one of the best control-aggro decks around. I'd suggest bringing in either mind shatter or faerie macabre as they disrupt control/combo decks the best. If I were you I'd show up early and try to gauge how many people will be playing 5c control to Reveillark. If you see more 5c control, run the mind shatter, and if you see more reveillark, run the macabres.

Without knowing what to run, telling you what to SB would be kind of silly, because I'd be telling you to SB in cards that you weren't running. If you make a decision on which you plan to run prior to the event let me know and I'll tell ya SBing options.
ZW

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, lark is not aggro-control, lol. Second, play a combination of mind shatter and extirpate. Extirpate imo is better than macabre, and its good vs swans. Shatter is good vs swans, 5c, storm and lark.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1