Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jaws of Stone vs Incremental Blight: help needed

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
EMA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Jaws of Stone vs Incremental Blight: help needed Reply with quote

Last night i played a SSE draft, and pack 1 pick 2 i had to make a tough decision: incremental blight or jaws of stone?
My first pick was Grief Tyrant, anyway I didnt want to commit too early to a color (i ended up being mono green lol).
The point is, at this stage of the draft, with almost no hints (no black or red was deep in pack 1 pick 1) what would have been your choice and why? thanx in advance for your answers
eroseninSama

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going out on a limb here and say that the incremental blight is better for many reasons cheaper doesnt cause a heavy mountain or elsewhere based deck

plus tyrant + incremental = tech?
Ronnan
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inc blight
its one of the best picks you can get
BB isnt prolly easy to splash buts its definately not as hard as for jaw, where u got to be really red
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incremental Blight is much more likely to be played than Jaws of Stone.

Just one thing: if someone passed Incremental Blight he either picked something of high value like Reflecting Pool or he picked something like Oona which puts him in U/B or one of them.
Daffie999

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TugaChampion wrote:
Incremental Blight is much more likely to be played than Jaws of Stone.

Just one thing: if someone passed Incremental Blight he either picked something of high value like Reflecting Pool or he picked something like Oona which puts him in U/B or one of them.
There are too many variables as to why someone would pass a blight to worry about them, unless you knew the player(s). Quite a few cards would be picked over a blight.

As for which to take? Blight easy. There are obviously situations where Jaws of Stone is better, but Incremental Blight is just a better overall card.
Deuce

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blight would me my pick yea. Its not like its 2nd best pick after Oona. I myself wouldve picked many rares over either of those, one being red Furystroke Giant.
ChiDoRiE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mono red > all other archetypes so i would go mono red..plus if u fp grief tyrant you probably aren't very good so you need to depend on your draw-->mono red is the deck for you-->pick jaws
coolcreep

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incremental blight. Both are "win target game", but one is a lot easier to play.
Verystrait42

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chidore, with how dumb you are, im just not sure how you win tournies.... anyway, Inc Blight is def. the right pick in this situation.
dv8r

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest, if it was an fnm draft, I'd just take the foil one
Vesuvian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't even close: Blight is the pick.
ChiDoRiE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightscare:

obviously it's because im very stupid and not because i do things differently than everyone else
Enrra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pick Incremental Blight. .-.

ChiDoRiE wrote:
nightscare:

obviously it's because im very stupid and not because i do things differently than everyone else

You are not nice. If you have friends, I'm pretty sure they are not nice too.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1