Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tournament Times

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
algorythym

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another solution would be more than six trials per week. I don't think making one PST Trial a week would happen, because thats one trial out of only six.

Maybe we could schedule a splattering of "MegaMinis" throughout the week. I mean yesterday there was only one t2 mini the entire day. Today is Extended Master day, yet Right Now, there is one extended mini in progress, that started 2-3 hours ago.

Trueevil, who are those judges, I'd be interested in seeing their TC activity, maybe I have been missing something. Like I said, if we could count on being able to play a mini at some time throughout the day, then this would be much less of an issue. We want trials because playing minis means watching IRC for 3 hours, not doing anything else, and then finally seeing one and hoping to get in on time.
center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh honestly I don't think anyone really cares :/

Europe, South American and east coast of the United States are most of the players, there isn't much of a reason to change for a small minority of players.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Another solution would be more than six trials per week. I don't think making one PST Trial a week would happen, because thats one trial out of only six.

The problem is to find volunteers for these pre-sheduled tournaments. Judges make minis rather spontaneous, not planned (i do at least)
algorythym

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Quote:

The problem is to find volunteers for these pre-sheduled tournaments. Judges make minis rather spontaneous, not planned (i do at least)

yeah, i know how it is, i was a judge (different account, two plus years ago) for a bit, thats why I was pleased to discovered the "recent tournaments" page. The only real solution is to comb it for a pattern. Asking judges to do tournaments at certain times would be kinda hard-handed, but if a judge came forth and said "hey guys, I typically run a constructed mini at 5:30PM CDT" or something, that would be awesome. Waiting for minis in IRC is lame for both sides. I'm sure you guys get sick of whining and spam, and the players know that while there in a three hour wait for a mini to start, the second they navigate away from the page, or go get a snack, or play a random game on mwsplay.net, a mini will start and fill. It a mean combination of Murphy's Law, Supply and Demand, and Demographics Mad
trueeevil

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So flippi, you're saying that if a judge were to volunteer to run a trial that was PST friendly it could happen? magicmatt and cmc are both PST. I think quantumdemon may be too.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2