Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shards of Alara: Possibly the Coolest Draft Format?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
cheesypirate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Shards of Alara: Possibly the Coolest Draft Format? Reply with quote

If you haven't had the chance to look at some of the recent spoilers for the upcoming set, Shards of Alara, I highly recommend it. If you haven't, don't worry, I won't spoil any cards for you (leave that to other people).

My opinion of this multi-colored, artifact based set is sheer amazingness. This is a complete re-hash of Invasion, Ravnica, and a bit of Mirrodin. It has mana fixers coming out of the walls (there's a possible 5-10 signet-esque cards, and mana multi-colored producing, and fecth lands).

Any set that has good multi-color, good artifacts, and very good mana fixers seems very good to me. Ravnice draft was amazingly fun. It was a shame I didn't play around Invasion, but I've heard many stories.

All-in-all, this seems to be turning out to be a very good set for limited.
prauch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good set for draft

in sealed it will kinda blow having like your two best cards be complete opposite say UBW and then your other good card be RGB. it'll be kinda tough finding more than 20 playables in one pool
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends how good the mana fixing is and what rarity it is.
center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

70 cards is not enough to tell if a draft format will be good :/
bedlam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Shards Reply with quote

More importantly we've really only seen a glimpse of the blue-White/black cycle of the set. There are four other "shards" that are still lurking in the shaddows.
Thorns

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor season is running behind this time...
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a judge told me that in pre-releases you'll have to play a main color and then you can play it's 2 allied colors. You can't play let's say a WUB card and a RGW card. And if you have good GW deck but lack removal cards and black has 2 or 3 of them you can't splash for them in the GW deck.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1