Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SSE 4-3-2-2 draft No 4.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You underrate puca's mischef far too much.
OldBear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did i ever call cool creep an idiot he may have called me one but i never said any such things about him. Several things about his posts have been offensive and tactless, I think you will struggle to find any such problem with any of mine.

I am fully aware some of my card evaluations are wrong but then people who post on here should also be aware there's can be as well futhermore that there is not always a definative pick and that sometimes preferance can play a roll.

Centre I am aware that puca's mischeif is a really strong card you can do some sick things with but i think in p2p2 curse of chains is just a more consistant card, you know what your getting with curse of chains whilst that is not always the case with mischief. On that note for those of you not savy with crticising a draft, it is useful to provide a pick and pack number that you disagree with makes it alot easier for me.
ChiDoRiE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have taken the flask over the faerie swarm in pack 1, then you could splash the power of fire you opened or the mistmeadow witch you could have had like 3rd

you also took parapet watcher over aethertow

flow of ideas is nice but it's not something you slam 3rd pick..

stopped reading after i saw parapet watcher over aethertow tbh so i wont critique the rest
OldBear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive already said im not a fan of the flasks mainly as i like to stay mono coloured as long as possible. Yeah the parapet watchers is one of thoose picks that certainly needs explaining, the reasoning for it is i had already took a aethertow pick 2 pack 2, and just like necksnap once people have seen it once they tend to play around it so its hard to get value out of it and alot of the time your just wasting mana leaving tow mana open, its not a card i really like playing two of in a deck, add to this curve considerations and thats why i pick it. I really should pay more attention to the other picks when im writing up these commentries, as i agree you can not really make a pick like that.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotsky1 wrote:
When did i ever call cool creep an idiot he may have called me one but i never said any such things about him. Several things about his posts have been offensive and tactless, I think you will struggle to find any such problem with any of mine.

Trotsky1 wrote:

maybe when you draft you have to play cards like ghastly discovery
kilomitro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack 1 pick 8. At this point you have 3 spells that require 2 colors of mana. Though the swarm is a solid creature, the elsewhere flask would let you keep your options open.

Pack 2 pick one. There was nothing right about this pick. You have at least 4 good cards in here to choose from, and one of them is arguably the best common in the set. Had you picked the flask you could possibly play the power of fire. You know, keeping your options open instead of taking a suboptimal card you shouldnt be playing.

Pack 2 pick 2. Has anyone ever played Pucas Mischief? That card is retarted and should of been windmill slammed onto your pile. It allows you to exchange your worst cards for their best. In addistion it is also insane with enchantments. I'll exchange control of my gravegill Axeshark for your wickerwar crawler. GG sir!

pack 2 pick 3. The card choices are Mistmeadow witch and dire undercurrent. The witch is just a bomb (and works well with pucas mistchief.The current is not so expensive that itll never be useful, and is def better than flow of ideas. In addition to having all your guys cantrip and/or discard, it is also easier on your mana base, assuming you want to stay b/u.

Pack 2 pick 3. unplayable card or combat trick that works with pucas mischief?

pack 2 pick 7. Aethertow > mediocre guys. Seriously aethertow this late?

Pack 3 pick 3. I would have taken the mimic here. The reason being that the red player feeding you is probably gonna do the same thing, and ideally pick up quality ( and i mean for red) guys. Because of this, you probably wont see the u/r mimic. Also there are quality b/w cards i.e unmake, harvest gwen, more mimics, the hedge mage, hatchling ect ect.

pack 3 pick 7. Harvest Gwyllion is such a beast. In this foramt she blocks just about everything and lives to tell about it. Also triggers the 2 mimics you passed. At this point inside out dosnt do much. It rarely does anything but cantrip and trigger mimics your dont have.

pack 3 pick 8. Beckon apparition stops persist and retrace. also triggers mimics. Did you know it also makes a 1/1 flier?

pack 3 pick 10. assuming you picked up the b/w stuff, the grace is a gift.

these are my thoughts. Hope i was helpful. GL HF
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes kilometer you were helpfull, the problem with the mischief is if all your creatures are better than your opponents its a bit underwhelming and the deck im playing has very few bad craetures, I have played it before and for these reasons it was underwhelming but i will make a note to try it again. coolcreep thats not an insult if your going to get upset by that i suggest you reread what you wrote and have a think about the way you speak to people, if you want to be treated with respect you have to extend the same curtiosy to other people.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotsky1 wrote:
Yes kilometer you were helpfull, the problem with the mischief is if all your creatures are better than your opponents its a bit underwhelming and the deck im playing has very few bad craetures, I have played it before and for these reasons it was underwhelming but i will make a note to try it again. coolcreep thats not an insult if your going to get upset by that i suggest you reread what you wrote and have a think about the way you speak to people, if you want to be treated with respect you have to extend the same curtiosy to other people.

I never claimed to talk with the upmost respect. You did.
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then dont get upset when you do not get it back or expect any from anyone else, you ignorant little child.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotsky1 wrote:
Then dont get upset when you do not get it back or expect any from anyone else, you ignorant little child.

Whoever said I was upset? I simply pointed out that you were full of shit when you said that you talked with the upmost respect. If I cared what people on ML thought of me, I would be in serious trouble.
Ggerg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack 1 pick 8:
Kinscaer Harpoonist
Farhaven Elf
Last Breath
Manamorphose
Elsewhere Flask
Cerulean Wisps
--> Faerie Swarm
Cursecatcher

WHAT?!?!?! Harpoonist is waay better than swarm, and i'd probably take the flask over swarm anyway. cantrips are good
correct pick: Harpoonist

Pack 2 pick 1:
Helm of the Ghastlord
Thistledown Duo
Juvenile Gloomwidow
Power of Fire
Gravelgill Axeshark
Steel of the Godhead
Scarscale Ritual (FOIL)
Ashenmoor Cohort
Thornwatch Scarecrow
Mine Excavation
Spell Syphon
Mistmeadow Skulk
--> Flow of Ideas
Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers
Fulminator Mage

this is not the right pick. thistledown duo is better here (although clearly the fact that it tabled is evidence that something's up with this draft.

Pack 2 pick 7:
Æthertow
Mudbrawler Raiders
--> Parapet Watchers
Viridescent Wisps
Cinderbones
Mine Excavation
Blazethorn Scarecrow
Reknit
Spiteflame Witch

would have taken the 2nd aethertow here. still a solid pick at watchers.

Pack 3 pick 1:
Desecrator Hag
Battlegate Mimic
Rendclaw Trow
Duergar Cave-Guard
Evershrike
Savage Conception
Drain the Well
Recumbent Bliss
Kithkin Zealot
Hotheaded Giant
Talara's Bane
Voracious Hatchling
--> Noggle Bandit
Trapjaw Kelpie
Stream Hopper

you've had some solid cards for a white splash pass you by by now. i dont think u really even want to try to splash ur blight, but i may be wrong. i think recumbent bliss is the right pick here. not solid on that tho. also, at this table, noggle will table. (apparently this table has no-one in blue or white?? anyway, u table the bliss...that's nice.

Pack 3 pick 11:
Phosphorescent Feast
Springjack Pasture
Drain the Well
--> Wilderness Hypnotist
Raven's Crime

pasture is an inreadibly easy pick here. not quite sure what u were thinking here, but it's prob just a misclick or something

only a couple debatable picks here. by in large a very nice draft. one thing to not: flow of ideas ALWAYS tables.
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply, really useful showing all pick options as well, as its on 2nd page now and its not easily possible to check just by numbers until about a week ago i would have gone with the harponist also, but since then i have been reliably told by players alot better than me that faerie swarm is a better choice as most of the time its at least a 3/3 and can be a dragon if your deck has alot of card draw in it and at this point i know i had atleast one flow possibly two, good point about the flow.

I think the blight is just too good not to play, even with the good uw coming, coupled with the extra consistency it gives my mana base to cast spells like wasp lancer and ghastlord which in an evasion deck you want to play as quickly as possible, though there is apart from the consistancy in mana base little overall diference between the UW and ub version.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2