Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Megadeth or Metallica

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah promoting a drug proven to cause scizophrenia, amoung other mental health problems brilliant.
jazzbat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone can say Metallica is not talented, whether you like them or not. I'm basically indifferent regarding them but the guitarist in that band can shred.
tcook589

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol I'd love to see your research which shows this "proof." But no, we should instead illegalize the smoking of a plant which comes straight from the ground while continuing to allow for one of the greatest killers of Americans (tobacco) to be one of the largest American industries.

While we're on the topic, hundreds of thousands more people die per year from drunk drivers than from high drivers.

If we're going to legalize known killers, why not legalize the fun drugs? People will find a way to ruin their lives no matter what tools we give them.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is idiot post 2 of 50
Maerugo1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Megadeth or Metallica Reply with quote

Sixpounder wrote:
I just became a member yesterday so please excuse me if this one has already been done, which I'm sure it has. I would like to keep this forum "Idiot Free" but I know that's not gonna happen so please limit your stupid comments and 1337 speak to only one post. The point is to choose a side and then explain why you like which one better. People need to learn how to explain their choices instead of picking one then give no other reason except that the other one sucks.

I love Megadeth and Metallica both. But I have to go with Megadeth on this one. I just prefer Dave's writing as compared to James'. Dave's solos also show a little more melody than Kirk's. Kirk loves to shred the guitar, and he's good at it, but Dave can shred without making it sound like he just pulled it out of his ass 3 seconds before he played it. Also, although Megadeth has had constant line up changes, Dave has always picked musicians that were better than their predecessors. Lars is just the worst drummer any band could ever dream of having. James is one of the best vocalists in the business, an artform in which Mustaine clearly fails. But I just prefer the writing and solo style of Mustaine.
Actually Marty Freedman was the main soloist in his days with Megadeath. And hes by far better "Phraser" when it comes to solo's. But Musicially i will go with Megadeath, vocally Metallica. Either way you are gonna get some serious bad ass tunes
Othar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually rather here someone say "bitterblossom, go" than either Metallica or Megadeth.
Bigshow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

only reason metallica was good was because Dave Mustaine's influence when he used to play for them. Then when the horrible series of events of his departure happened. They just tried to mimic him. After that they went baaaaaaad. Megadeth in result got the better end of the stick, because I highly doubt that they would have formed from it.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is idiot post 3 of 50.
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol he can not even count, that was 277th idiot post.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is idiot post 4 of 50.
Bejeezus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider myself a big fan of both bands, but I have to say I do have a preference for Metallica. Both have had their ups and downs.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5