Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GOOD BYE MTG

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
PhreakBoy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a wife and kid(s) is no reason to quit MTG Shocked

A mate and I still play MTG as often as possible, even though both of us have a wife and kids. It actually helps that we're both in similar stages of life. We get together in the evening and play some Magic. The wifes get to chat and gossip, whilst the kids get to play (and once their old enough they'll be taught MTG - hallo, 2HG and chaos).

Having a family might mean you get to play less irl and it might mean that your online sessions get moved to late at night, but it shouldn't be the reason you quit.
Ggerg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did get bored for a little bit once....just left the cards alone for a while and when i wanted to play eventually, i just picked em up again
Shagrath

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhreakBoy wrote:

A mate and I still play MTG as often as possible, even though both of us have a wife and kids. It actually helps that we're both in similar stages of life. We get together in the evening and play some Magic. The wifes get to chat and gossip, whilst the kids get to play (and once their old enough they'll be taught MTG - hallo, 2HG and chaos).

Having a family might mean you get to play less irl and it might mean that your online sessions get moved to late at night, but it shouldn't be the reason you quit.

Well, having a wife and kid can be a reason to quit magic, if your wife threatens you like "Me or Magic. Choose!"
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shagrath wrote:
PhreakBoy wrote:

Well, having a wife and kid can be a reason to quit magic, if your wife threatens you like "Me or Magic. Choose!"

A true mtg-player would choose Magic!!

Razz
OITDamion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Circa wrote:
You'll be back. No one EVER quits Magic for good.

QFT

i have been on and off for 9 years

you can never quit.

but with the interwebs and here, you can play for free with every card Very Happy
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i stopped playing as much as i used to but still keep up with the formats
snoopster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your posting rate certainly hasn't slowed at all
PsyK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we get to know why he quit?

I havn't played since lorwyn was released but i try to keep up with the t2 environment in case i decide to get back into it.

Funny thing is the more i see of Mark Rosewaters sets, the more i hate where magic is heading. I always thought i would love magic being creature heavy, but fact of the matter is it's freaking boring. Every deck seems to be aggro-control and every game i watch feels like it goes on for an age.

For the first time in who knows how long i'm seriously considering quitting for good. Worse yet i have this desire to defect to yugioh of all things simply because games are faster and more explosive.

I have it in my head to wait for the next set and give him a chance to redeem how shit they've been since time spiral. I dunno though, 7 sets since then and the game feels like it's going in the opposite direction to what i find fun.
Volrath89

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main reasons: Time and money. I was studying in the University at the same time I was travelling to some PTs and Worlds, and I am not that good at MTG to do well at an important tournament w/out testing.. (I tested more for PTQs, or probably I did a better testing for PTQs since I couldnt find enough ppl interested in testing with me for a PT..). Also the week or the time I expent out of the country was rly bad for my studies... in worlds 07 I had final exams the week after I was returning from NY.. I tried to test for worlds and study for exams, but couldnt do either well.. (and also cuz worlds was 3 formats and legacy was new for me, i had to play a lot..) so well, after a year I was going really bad at university, and wasnt that good at mtg either (like well i was going to PTs and all, but wasnt doing too good at them...).

Money might not be an issue for most of you 1st world people, but for me a mutavault is like the money I spent on 2-3 dates or smthing like that.. but well yeah I can always borrow the cards (although thats smthing I dont like much to do.. especially if it is for every tournament). Another reason is that I actually imagined me in 2-3 years as a 20 year old pro player without studying and with my life around magic, I concluded I didnt want that (althought yeah, it wasnt probably going to happen, so it would be even worse to spend all that time and effort and not reaching it :S), I rather spend those years studying and I can also do the things I most like about magic, travelling and meeting people. Its even better because studying u get to meet girls too, as u cant with magic! :S

Many people would say I should just play less and not quit, but as I said earlier im too competitive and if I play in a PTQ I play because I know I can win, because I have tested and know the format and play good.. and if I'd play less magic I couldnt do that, so its better to quit.

In about march of this year my university closed temporaly because of student protests and that was the perfect time to quit and start again in another university. It was also the perfect time to quit magic too, so I did it.

(I didnt want to write this at the beg. of the thread bcuz most ppl who know me already know all of this, also a too long post at the beginning of a thread is boring... but well, someone asked Razz)
nopenopenope

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by nopenopenope on Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
PsyK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ i think he actually answered that question lol.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2