Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GOOD BYE MTG

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Volrath89

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: GOOD BYE MTG Reply with quote

Hello, I just wanted to write somtehing as probably my last post here... Im quitting magic, I already sold all my cards irl and in magic online, the last step will be to uninstall every magic related program from my computer, so I joined mIRC for the last time and said good bye to some people, but wanted to say good bye to everyone else!

Thanks everyone for the time we expent talking or playing about magic or talking about anything, thanks to all who were my friends here and specially to those I meet in real life, which were many people I wont mention because i might forget someone, they know who they are Razz ... special thanks to #jajaja channel and #mtg.la, that were the non-league channels I spent most of the time and where I had most of my friends.. (oh also go #mtg.br, althought I dont speak portuguese too well)

My best wishes to everyone, and Good Bye!!! =]
Circa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be back. No one EVER quits Magic for good.
diablo2666

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good bye! i once drew against him in the master finals Smile
Hank333

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people have to "quit." if you need money, sell your cards, if you don't want to play... you don't have to. But is there some mental thing you can't get over unless you declear "i quit!"? I just get bored and stop playing sometimes, but i didn't have to annonce to the world "i quit!!!!" But it is always a fun option on a boring saturday to go to the store and draft... I never "quit" skateboarding... i just got a car. i never "quit" magic, but i have stoped playing a few times for various reasons.

also... you never really "quit" magic... once you an MTG player, you will forever be a MTG player. HAHAHA!
Anyways, good luck in your future dealings.
Volrath89

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Circa: I agree NEVER is a big word, but I think I wont be back for a very very long time, and I wont be ever spending as much time in the game as I did untill some months ago.

To Hank: Well, I have been a very very competitive player, I think the most fun I had with a game of magic was winning it, ofc talking about the game in general the best for me was meeting people and travelling. So I think if I miss some sets and dont know the cards I wont have fun losing, so that wont be something Id do on a "boring saturday". Every1 is different and yeah some ppl like me have to declear "i quit!".. you probably dont, but u are not like me
ZW

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess nats didn't turn out well huh?
Craze

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have to agree no one really will ever quit, even if you sell all your cards you'll be back here one day expecting someone to remember you.

I will hide my cards from my kids tho, cause knowing my family's genes their all gonna be sports jocks and cheerleaders that will look down on me for my involvement in being a geek. little bastards....
Husapi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volrath69
Shooter
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll miss u! :S
GobyMaynE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quit in early '07, sold all my cards, and stopped playing on MWS. Now I regret it and wish I had stayed active. Learning all the new sets is a challenge, however now that I'm older and have the time and money to truly afford to play competitively, I look forward to the '09 season.

Stay active, but don't let the game overwhelm you. Set limits to how much time/money that you spend on the game.
Jacois

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZW wrote:
So I guess nats didn't turn out well huh?

LOL

I was just thinking the same thing. I felt like quitting after TS block, that's for fucking sure.
Volrath89

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZW and Jacois: nah, even if I had won Id have stopped playing.. I had taken the decision several weeks ago.. I didnt do that bad at nats (top8) I even think I'll be q'ed for worlds by ranking, but anyway a bad result in a single tournament is like the last reason I'd find for quitting.. if it was like that I should have quitted after every PT and Worlds (except Paris06) i played xD
Hank333

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know what you mean about being competetive. MTG can be very fustrating, esspecially when you want to be a tier 1 tourney player, Sometimes you gotta stop and take a break. Even if you quit for good, you'll always think "what if i stuck it out for another block." I hate that. Good luck random guy i've never met(most likely).
SOAD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it obvious?
Volrath has got a son. GRATZ Wink
snoopster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and a wife:

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2