Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

G/W Big Creature Control Deck

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
jtmagicvnt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: G/W Big Creature Control Deck Reply with quote

3 wall of roots
4 tarmogoyf
4 chameelon colossus
3 oversoul of dusk
3 kitchen finks
1 mystic enforcer

2 garruk wild speaker 3 might be better..i only own 2
4 wrath of god
3 harmonize
2 loxodn warhammer
4 oblivion ring
4 crib swap

4 treetop village
2 wooded bastion should be 3only own 2
4 horizon canopy possibly 3
1 brushland
6 forest
6 plains

sideboard
2 wheel of the sun and moon
2 primal command
4 gutteral response
3 cloudthresher
3 squall line
1 faerie maccabre

Last edited by jtmagicvnt on Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Malakai97
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decklists without explanations are pretty much useless.
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how is this aggro
jtmagicvnt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: im not sure lol Reply with quote

if you know the definition of aggro hook it up i dont lol. Any way give this deck a try.I have some pretty good success with it.
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aggro means aggresive this is more like gw ramp with bad cards like crib swap
cheesypirate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
aggro means aggresive this is more like gw ramp with bad cards like crib swap

owned....
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if he splashed blue and became GWu aggrocontrol? Wink
jtmagicvnt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: lol u need to play this deck with the cards in your hand Reply with quote

I just busted through zur the enchanter ni the hands of the top ranked player in my area then gargolar made it to the championship match won the first game against a twighlight shephard deck in the hands of the number 2 ranked guy then lost second game and we calle dit a draw since it was 3:30 in the morning.
jtmagicvnt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: the s/b i used was different by a few maccabres Reply with quote

my s/b was the same except no primals some maccabres turn to mists.Whoever said crappy cards like crov swap is very wrong.If you know anything about the meta remove from the game spells are very good.
jtmagicvnt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: lets call it lifegain destruction with card advantage Reply with quote

i dont know thats some someharsh criticism...you guys probrably play faeries.
jtmagicvnt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: bwg is what im going to play when eventide comes out Reply with quote

i dont know how effective those color combinations would in the current meta.Im with you though i think its pretty cool...ill throw together several builds and test them against the meta.
jtmagicvnt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: try this one out Reply with quote

Same deck as above the sideboard is
faerie maccabrex4
cloudthresherx1
wrath of godx1
gutteral responsex3
turn to mistx3
eyes of the wisentx3

deck changes are wrath of godx2
cloudthresherx2
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that 3 mana acceleration in a so top-heavy deck as this is something that needs to be addressed.

The right number should be 6 or 7, maybe even 8 spells. 4 Wall of Roots, 3-4 of something else. Since you do nothing turn 1, probably Search for Tomorrow. Edge of Autumn is also good.

The deck is not aggro, but control. And you have many copies of the highest casting-costed spells, and few of the low-casting cost spells. That is the opposite of how it should be.

If this is not the route you want to go, take out the control aspects like Wrath of God and Crib Swap, and add more low-costed creatures.

As it is now, it is weaker as a mana-ramp deck than GW ramp, and it is weaker as a beatdown deck than GW beef-fest. The trade-off is the flexibility of combining the strengths of those two, but at the cost of stability.
jtmagicvnt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Ive considered those things Reply with quote

when you use alot of mana excel you are taking up deck slots for spells that do not effect the game very much...at best you sit there with a pile of mana....this deck normally manhandles big mana decks....the leige deck can be a good matchup but i can win just as many games than they canif not more......when you pile up mana excel your saying my deck is so good i dont need as many spells that can do things like win the game....ive used 1 drop spells and it really effecte the decks performance...this deck was made with the meta in mind.....how do you deal with a turn 2 doran?a wall of roots..or a turn 3 removal spell....bitterblossom?thresher or oring....Mayby you should play this deck about 50 games then post a reply.Not being a jerk but in all reality this doesnt sound like you know how the deck works.Also if i havnt posted it eyes of the wisentx3 or 4 in s/b along with some shushers is doing awesome.
jtmagicvnt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: This is also not a big mana deck Reply with quote

This is not a big mana deck...I can turn 3 a colossus or drop a finks...that helps me stay even in the game until the big guys come in...this deck will put the brakes on other decks causing them to overextend...I prefer playing my own decks to net decking but thats just me...So far any solid pro deck ive seen will fall to my deck so Im happy.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3