Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MYOS WuWeenie

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: MYOS WuWeenie Reply with quote

Basically, the best deck I ever put together, with one of my friends, was a WU weenie build, back when the standard t2 format was kamigawa + ravnica with the appropriate core set at the time, and it went almost completely undefeated the entire time the format stayed that way... ive always wanted to go back and play it again, and MYOS gives me that chance, although i went with time spiral over ravnica in this situation, in being that i went with the old WW idea of armageddon from 5th, so flagstones seemed more appropriate than hallowed fountains, due to having pain lands, city of brass, and tendo ice bridge anyways so... all criticism is welcome, thanks

// Lands
4 [BOK] Tendo Ice Bridge
1 [CHK] Eiganjo Castle
4 [5E] Adarkar Wastes
4 [TSP] Flagstones of Trokair
4 [DIS] Hallowed Fountain
2 [CHK] Plains (4)
4 [5E] Island (3)

// Creatures
3 [CHK] Isamaru, Hound of Konda
4 [BOK] Ninja of the Deep Hours
3 [DIS] Azorius Guildmage
4 [DIS] Azorius Herald
4 [CHK] Lantern Kami

// Spells
4 [RAV] Remand
4 [BOK] Umezawa's Jitte
4 [5E] Armageddon
4 [5E] Counterspell
3 [BOK] Shining Shoal

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [5E] Hydroblast
SB: 4 [CHK] Kami of Ancient Law
SB: 4 [CHK] Samurai of the Pale Curtain
SB: 3 [RAV] Shadow of Doubt

edit: legalized and reformed a little.. I am still debating on white knight in the sideboard
re-edit: i just realized i dont get flagstones when i do this, so i may have to rework this again, but i think flagstones makes a huge difference so it may go back to TSP block other RAV block but for now, disregard the flagstones

Last edited by onecleanceli on Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:07 am; edited 3 times in total
ChiDoRiE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres time spiral, rav, and kamigawa in that one..
Orlandu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Er Reply with quote

How is this better than UW Fish that menendian came up with?
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiDoRiE wrote:
theres time spiral, rav, and kamigawa in that one..

crap, i forgot to take out remand.. i have some old rav block cards in this list when i first came up with it but then i switched to TSP... i may have to go back to rav to keep the remand, plus i use azorious herald over aven riftwatcher as well in that case, and it gives me access to azorious guildmage, just like my old standard t2 deck

i never said this was better or worse than "uw fish" that XXXXX came up with, b/c this has never gotten to seriously be tested, but at the same time, how many MYOS tourney's has M-L ever had? so how can you even say 1 deck is significantly better than another??

ill fix the list to be 'legal' and edit + repost - sorry
R3wind

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going to play Wu aggro then, I must say that you need Court Hussar. If you stay in Rav block then you should also play Remand. Mana Leak is also great from Kami block.

What about playing 5th, TSP, and Lor? Merfolk with 'Gedon would very, very good.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R3wind wrote:
If you are going to play Wu aggro then, I must say that you need Court Hussar. If you stay in Rav block then you should also play Remand. Mana Leak is also great from Kami block.

What about playing 5th, TSP, and Lor? Merfolk with 'Gedon would very, very good.

i dont think i need court hussar.. not alot of room and he doesnt hit very hard... mana leak is def. not in kami block, and remand is in the deck already.... merfolk geddon would be an interesting idea to say the least... im content with the list i have for now until further testing, and not looking to really switch up blocks, just looking for possible cards i have overlooked possibly
Megamarco

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flagstones is still in there, so it is still not legal, or am i missing something
Spyx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why play ravnica for mediocre aggro cards like azorius herald and guildmage? You could play masques for rebels maybe, would also get brainstorm.
R3wind

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really think that the list was going to be something like Pride of the Clouds or Merfolk. You could play Rebels but some of the key cards are banned in that block.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you noticed my edit from my first post, i did notice the flagstones, i completely forgot about them, so i may revert back to TSB instead of Rav... i hate losing remand, but aven riftwatcher takes the place of herald, i get psi blast back and calciderm, plus flagstones + geddon is just plain good... the reason for rav is b/c thats the deck that i originally built (kami + rav) and that is what im used to.... noone of you have even tried the deck yet im sure, im not playing merfolk, or am i playing rebels due to what is banned.... so im going to make a list using rav (with 5th + kami) and a list using tsb and just let you guy compare the 2 i guess

5th - CHK - TSB
// Lands
4 [BOK] Tendo Ice Bridge
3 [TSP] Flagstones of Trokair
1 [CHK] Eiganjo Castle
2 [5E] City of Brass
5 [TSP] Plains (4)
3 [5E] Island (4)
4 [5E] Adarkar Wastes

// Creatures
4 [TSB] Flying Men
4 [CHK] Isamaru, Hound of Konda
3 [TSB] Soltari Priest
3 [TSP] Serra Avenger
4 [PLC] Aven Riftwatcher
2 [PLC] Calciderm

// Spells
3 [BOK] Umezawa's Jitte
3 [TSB] Psionic Blast
4 [5E] Armageddon
4 [5E] Counterspell

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [FUT] Aven Mindcensor
SB: 3 [5E] Hydroblast
SB: 3 [TSB] Disenchant
SB: 3 [CHK] Samurai of the Pale Curtain
SB: 3 [PLC] Sunlance

5th - CHK - RAV
// Lands
4 [BOK] Tendo Ice Bridge
1 [CHK] Eiganjo Castle
4 [5E] Adarkar Wastes
4 [DIS] Hallowed Fountain
4 [CHK] Plains (4)
4 [5E] Island (3)
2 [5E] City of Brass

// Creatures
4 [CHK] Isamaru, Hound of Konda
4 [CHK] Lantern Kami
3 [DIS] Azorius Guildmage
4 [DIS] Azorius Herald

// Spells
3 [BOK] Umezawa's Jitte
4 [5E] Armageddon
4 [5E] Counterspell
3 [BOK] Shining Shoal
4 Remand

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [5E] Hydroblast
SB: 4 [CHK] Samurai of the Pale Curtain
SB: 3 [RAV] Shadow of Doubt
SB: 4 [5E] Disenchant

discuss...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1