Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fertile Ground: Good or No? LBC



 
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Lorwyn Block Constructed (LBC)

Fertile Ground LBC:
Yes!
52%
 52%  [ 9 ]
NO
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Faeries?
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 17

Author Message
Hank333



Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 309
Location: San Antoni

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Fertile Ground: Good or No? LBC Reply with quote

Well, the topic says it all. Is it good enough to play, in lorwyn block?
Y or N?

What decks might it be good in? what decks will it never be good in?
Back to top
gypsy



Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 1671

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its good enough given that there isnt much accell in the format. its good in green based multi colour control decks
Back to top
Alandariel



Joined: 17 Jan 2006
Posts: 217

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not very good in decks without green in them.
Back to top
aldaryn



Joined: 02 Sep 2004
Posts: 501

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any good control deck in block will require a green base and these, because the control decks will need to be multicolor and will have tons of expensive spells. Also plays well with Garruk Wildspeaker.
Back to top
ManaLeak



Joined: 08 Nov 2005
Posts: 185

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aldaryn wrote:
Any good control deck in block will require a green base and these, because the control decks will need to be multicolor and will have tons of expensive spells. Also plays well with Garruk Wildspeaker.


so kithkin is not good?
Back to top
bl0t



Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManaLeak wrote:
aldaryn wrote:
Any good control deck in block will require a green base and these, because the control decks will need to be multicolor and will have tons of expensive spells. Also plays well with Garruk Wildspeaker.


so kithkin is not good?


Kithkin isn't a control deck.

Derrrrrrrr.
Back to top
Noobsauce



Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 35

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently playing a 5-color control in LBC and I tried Fertile Ground.
And I've got to say that every time I drew it, I wished it was a relevant spell.

Overall, getting some plays one turn earlier isn't worth wasting 4 slots in your deck.
Back to top
Acid_Christ



Joined: 28 Aug 2004
Posts: 799

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaCan wrote:
Noobsauce wrote:
I'm currently playing a 5-color control in LBC and I tried Fertile Ground.
And I've got to say that every time I drew it, I wished it was a relevant spell.

Overall, getting some plays one turn earlier isn't worth wasting 4 slots in your deck.


I disagree, I think it's good for accel as well as mana fixing.

And why the hell is faeries in the poll? Fertile ground is a terrible choice for a faerie deck... why would you even be playing green?


I currently run 4 grounds, but I have mixed feelings on them. Early they are usually of good help, but later when I draw into them they are useless.

Faeries is on the poll because its the best deck. And faeries plays green(red) for firespout.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Lorwyn Block Constructed (LBC) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy