Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snow Red Burn

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Shagster

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Snow Red Burn Reply with quote

last week i had posted a monored burn deck that was just based on dome damage and draw. i modified it so it will run much better. so tell me what you guys think.

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)
// NAME: Untitled Deck

// Lands
18 [CS] Snow-Covered Mountain
4 [MOR] Mutavault

// Spells
4 [SHM] Flame Javelin
4 [10E] Incinerate
4 [TSP] Sudden Shock
4 [10E] Howling Mine
4 [CS] Skred
4 [LRW] Tarfire
4 [10E] Shock
2 [MOR] Shard Volley
2 [LRW] Needle Drop
2 [10E] Sudden Impact
4 [SHM] Spiteful Visions

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [SHM] Everlasting Torment
SB: 4 [10E] Threaten
SB: 4 [10E] Pyroclasm
SB: 3 [TSP] Sulfurous Blast
Alandariel

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the point of the Needle Drop, at least not as a 2-of. I would personally cut them for +1 Shard Volley and +1 Sudden Impact. Also, I would run Lash Out over Tarfire, because Tarfire isn't that impressive by itself and it pumps opposing Tarmogoyfs.
Shagster

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alandariel wrote:
I don't see the point of the Needle Drop, at least not as a 2-of. I would personally cut them for +1 Shard Volley and +1 Sudden Impact. Also, I would run Lash Out over Tarfire, because Tarfire isn't that impressive by itself and it pumps opposing Tarmogoyfs.

i'm not running more than 2 Shard Volley's because if i draw them early then they're dead until i get more lands. Needle Drop's are there becuse it's a 1 for 1 damage and draw, and i only run 2 beacuse i should draw them late game 70% of the time so i could use it with another burn spell. Same with Sudden Impact.
ShoGunZ

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try and run some mogg fanatics and keldon marauders and maniacs and ram gang which are good cheap creatures and those spiteful visions are gonna be ur dead alot of the times if i were u i put them sb against faeries with those ancestral vision .and magus of the moon is just an all star cause it cripples 95 % of fearies manabase and 75% of doran and like 50% of G/B elves

so ur deck ends up looking like this:
15 snow- covered mouintain
4 mutavault
1 keldon megaliths

4 magus of the moon
4 keldon marauders
3 tatermunge maniac
3 ram-gang
4 mogg fanatic
4 greater gargadon

4 flame javelin
4 rift bolt
4 incinerate
3 skred
3 shard volley
Heikki

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the deck is horrible.

I would certainly play some creatures, but if part of you'r idea is not to play creatures I'll go with it.

Basically every deck plays creatures, so you badly need some removal. Otherwise you just get run over by swarm. Of course you have all the burn spells, but it doesn't look like a good idea to aim them to creatures. So in 4x sulfurous blast.

I had to check twice, but couldn't find rift bolt. It's strictly better than tarfire/shock/sudden shock/shard volley/needle drop/sudden impact etc. So in 4x Rift bolt.

And of course we have lash out. Where's that? It does dmg to player maybe 30% of time. In 4x Lash Out.

I have played RDW a lot and I feel that 3x shard volley is optimal.

So IN:

4x lash out, 4x rift bolt, 4x sulfurous blast, 1x shard volley.

OUT:

4x sudden shock, 4x tarfire, 4x skred (maybe to sb.), 1x shock.

Now the deck is a lot better, but I would still play creatures.
shaducci

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShoGunZ wrote:

4 mutavault
3 ram-gang

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Spyx

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the looool in that? You just have to play mutavault, and you have flame javelin too with RRR.

If you are going without creatures at least play fanatic. Their removal will be still dead and he's a lot better then needle drop.
cdubs

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Play graven cairns if playing ram gang Reply with quote

Play graven cairns if you play 4 vaults, 3-4 flame, 3-4 ram gangs, it wont hurt you and it alows vault to tap for red. Might have a possibility to play bitterblossoms because its not a bad card and it wins games, which would require more swamp mana or Urborg. Cairns doesn't hurt your mana base though.
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how does cairns make vault tap for red what are you smoking?
AOCharm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alot of RDW decks i see running have started to pitch in 4xAshenmoor Gouger, lives through nameless inversion firespout sulf blast pyroclasm 3 for a 4/4 most RDW is running him instead of keldon marauders now

I have issues with Howling Mine giving your opponent card advantage as well is bad, Spiteful Visions atleast deals damage getting you to end game quicker. I'm a fan of Browbeat to keep cards in my hand to the end game and 3 for 5 burn aint bad imo but a lot people would rather play other things a recent trend is demigod, deals with faeries when hes out and helps you when you get to the end game
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1