Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Shadowmoor creature Godhead of Awe

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
poopascoopa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: New Shadowmoor creature Godhead of Awe Reply with quote

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=68460&d=1206936443

I think it's pretty sick
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turn 5 that turn 6 crovax gg
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess "Q" is the UNTAP symbol after all.

Also Rhys seems like a fine 1-drop. How many Legends cost only 1 mana to be played?

Shadowmoor seems, once again, a good set to come. Very Happy
cloysterd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynolf wrote:

Also Rhys seems like a fine 1-drop. How many Legends cost only 1 mana to be played?

Exactly 2. Isamaru and Norin the Wary.

And Godhead looks awesome, but will it see any play when WoG is cheaper and kills guys instead of just shrinking them?
poopascoopa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'll see play. Wrath is great, but it's not a 4/4 flyer.

We'll have to see the rest of the set, obviously, but U/W control might be making a comeback which would be nice
kj_4247

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: UW Reply with quote

Blue white control HAS made a comeback resentley this was another 4 power 5 mana flyer in morning tide ring any bells?

Godhead? wtf kind of name is godhead I will never be able to cast this creature with a strait face. I can hear the James Bond jokes comming already
cloysterd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: UW Reply with quote

kj_4247 wrote:
Godhead? wtf kind of name is godhead I will never be able to cast this creature with a strait face. I can hear the James Bond jokes comming already

God·head
a. the essential being of God; the Supreme Being.
b. the Holy Trinity of God the Father, Christ the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
2. (lowercase) divinity; godhood.
3. (lowercase) Rare. a god or goddess; deity.
Jacois

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Godhead of Awe + Serrated Arrows seems really powerful. The interesting thing about Godhead is that it can be played in a Monoblue deck. That goes for every U hybrid card actually.
ant900

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

godhead of awe + night of souls betrayal. I smell extended combo Smile
thranarama

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like block will almost be defined by the Graven Cairns style lands that are coming out in Shadowmoor. They provide some really amazing fixing. I also have a question. If you have a Reflecting Pool out and a Vivid land w/ no counters out, can you still use Reflecting Pool to make any color of mana?
Vecc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's spoilers bought some sick cards. Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers, Leech Bonder, the new Spirit Avatar, Ashenmoor Warriors... crazy, crazy. I don't know whether that's good or bad. Razz
Shatta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a cycle. Demigod of Revenge and Godhead of Awe are apart of it.
Ashmatan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i agree w/ jacois on that comment. I'll just add one more card to the mix=====>Academy Ruins
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes you can add any mana
dt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thranarama wrote:
If you have a Reflecting Pool out and a Vivid land w/ no counters out, can you still use Reflecting Pool to make any color of mana?

Yes.

You can read the official rulings here but for convenience, here they are:

Quote:
4/10/2004 Any replacement effects are considered by Reflecting Pool when determining the types of mana a land can produce.
4/10/2004 Any change to a land's type or splicing of text into a land can affect the types of mana a land can produce.
4/10/2004 It checks for types the land could produce under all possible conditions. For example, if a land can only produce mana if you pay a cost or if some condition is met, Reflecting Pool can still generate mana of that color. The rule about multiple Reflecting Pools not helping each other out is a special one. That is true since Reflecting Pool does not specify what mana it could produce, so the "perfect conditions" here result in confusion, which results in no mana types at all.
4/10/2004 If none of your lands can produce mana, or if all of your lands are Reflecting Pools, then your Reflecting Pools can have their abilities played but they will not generate any mana.
[/b]
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2