Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Farewell Magic-League.

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
kendiggy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Farewell Magic-League. Reply with quote

Yes, you read it right. Most of my teammates know. I know I've said it before, but this time it's for real. I've joined up with The US Navy and I ship out for boot camp on thursday February 7th. Originally it was going to be March 12th, but I asked for an earlier date and this is what they gave me. I just found this out today.

I have enjoyed my time here as a part of this league, both the good and the bad. I've won my share of minis and trials and done well in a few masters, too. I've also lost my share of matches at the same time. As a judge I've had the priviledge of serving with some of the league's finest ever - CMA-Flippi, Gerrardfo, Clariax, Eliminator, therooster, to name a few. I've also met a few of you in person, suislush, One-ArmedScissors, _bouncyer_ and there was one other at Nats this year, forgive me but I forgot your name.

I want to say goodbye and goodluck to everyone. My teammates, current and former. cmc, thedarkness, therooster, daveslusher-, Mtgfanatic, tenak, Tuesday, kittykat (eventhough I didn't always like you), SOAD, twilight, DARKING, pumas, and all the guys from the old #sonsofplunder who probably don't play on here anymore. All you guys take care, thedarkness, I hope everything works out well for you at home, therooster, good luck with your new job, cmc, quit sleeping in and missing trials. HHH1, quit letting people pick on you. Everyone else, same to you, good luck with yourselves.

Honorable mentions: dv8r, Phyrexian, Whoyoudontlike, Linkman. You guys have all been great competitors each and every time we met, good luck in all you do.

I probably won't be back on here for quite a long time, if ever again. I need to focus on my life and not on magic from now on. This league has played a major role in my life for the past four years. It's been a source of me keeping myself out of trouble, but getting me into trouble with myself as well. You guys have all been there for me on the forums when I had problems and needed advice, too, and for that I thank you all.

I guess that's all that needs to be said. I'll leave you all with a great joke to remember me by.

Three surgeons were having a conversation:

One of them said, "I'm the best surgeon in Texas. A
concert pianist lost 7 fingers in an accident, I
reattached them, and 8 months later he performed a
private concert for the Queen of England."

The 2nd surgeon said, "That's nothing. A young man
lost both arms and legs in an accident, I reattached
them, and 2 years later he won a gold medal in field
events in the Olympics."

The 3rd surgeon said "You guys are amateurs. Several
years ago a cowboy who was high on cocaine and alcohol
rode a horse head-on into a train traveling at 80
miles per hour. All I had left to work with was the
horse's ass and a cowboy hat. Now he's president of
the United States."

Remember, get out and vote all you Americans!

-kendiggy
Craze

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildcard was in the navy but here daily....

Good luck etc

Last edited by Craze on Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
HHH1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck homie
Daveslusher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delicious wrote:
have fun wasting your life in our fine military

...that's completely unnecessary. I share the same opinion as you but theres no reason to brign that up here. GL Ken best wishes.
Quantumdemon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PEOPLE, dont turn this into one of those bullshit immature bickering threads... it's not right. Ken's been a good active member of magic-league, dont bring your pettiness into his farewell thread assholes.

It was nice playing with you Ken, you were always a solid opponent, good luck and take care of yourself out there.
da_penguin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck in the military i forgot to say that b4 cuz that morons comment really offended me but good luck.
center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeing heart spread out on page is a nice thing in this world, and i appreciate your effort and fortitude to share with us.

best of luck!

good joke

now go get jacked and have hunnies swooning for you ina uniform Wink
OldBear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont think I ever played you once under any of my aliases but good luck soilder.
bladerisen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Ken !
ChuckNorris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww shit man! Take good care (this is One-Armed).
Delofasht

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Farewells Reply with quote

Later bro, gonna miss playing against ya, probably the most consistant testing opponent I have ever played against. Thanks for all the exceptional input you've given me, take care man.

See ya someday I'm sure.

- Del
coolcreep

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is with great sadness that I say that magic-league is now a lot less retarded-looking.
dv8r

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can take the player away from magic but you can't quench the fire.... look forward to seeing you around at some point kendiggy, you still owe me an irl game Wink

keep in touch and maybe if you're at the location of a pt or a gp...

anyways, thanks for all the minis you've given the league and being a decent judge. enjoy the navy Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1