Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Red-Green Threats

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
JeZeus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Red-Green Threats Reply with quote

So heres a deck I made a few days ago, I've been playing it with pretty good results so far. The basic premise behind it is pretty simple, burn and really good red and green threats. Anyhow here is the list, any comments and idea's would be welcome.

//NAME: RedGreenThreats
SB: 3 Threaten
SB: 4 Gaea's Herald
SB: 4 Pyroclasm
SB: 4 Sulfur Elemental
4 Terramorphic Expanse
4 Karplusan Forest
4 Treetop Village
5 Mountain
3 Forest
4 Gemstone Mine
4 Tarfire
4 Rift Bolt
4 Incinerate
4 Stalking Yeti
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Taurean Mauler
4 Countryside Crusher
4 Chameleon Colossus
4 Garruk Wildspeaker

So the most recent add are the stalking yeti's they have been pretty good so far . . . however I dropped Ohran vipers for them so we'll see how that pans out. That is basically the open 4slot of the deck so if anyone has any better idea's for it lets here it.
Noobsauce

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taurean Mauler is only so-so.

The only other true problem I see is that you have to choose between
the Crusher and Chameleon
JeZeus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the taurean mauler every time I play it someone either burns/kills it RIGHt away or they leave it until it becomes huge and very annoying, or forget about it until they realize im going to overrun with Garruk. As for the choosing between Chameleon and Crusher why would I do that??? I rarely play the crusher 3rd turn unless I have land in hand but as long as you have 4 mana in play your all good generally.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont really need 24 land, you can at least cut to 23 probably 22. I dont think the gemstone mines are needed either 4 terramorphic expanse 4 karplusan forest is more than enough.

12 4 drops is way to many 6-7 is a more sensible amount. I would go -4 stalking yeti -1 garruk -4 gemstone mine. +1 forest +1 mountain +4 mogg war marshall +3 greater gargadon.

I know that makes it look alot like every other red green deck but there is a good reason they all look like that. The aggro ones anyway.
JeZeus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ideally they should be dead or so close to dead it doesnt matter before greater gargadon would come into factor. The reason I have the yeti's in is because they are a decent 3/3 that kills weenies. I agree that there are alot of 4 drops. I just havent found anything better to use. Hm the gemstones are for tarm and crusher, they arent really 'needed' per say but its a nice extra avenue to get land in graveyard. I suppose i can try one with gargadon in as well though. I just wish I had access to my precious flametongue kavu's lol
toguppy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i can tell this deck curves @ 3 & 4 so countryside crusher is not that great at all.... sure u can play it late game but whats the purpose of playing it in the deck if u dont want to play it early??? its aggressive... if u dont want to play him till the 5th turn play seige gang instead....

taurean mauler doesnt have trample... nuff said...
more 2 drops or 1 drops would be good... i hear that fanatic isnt bad....
JeZeus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you about the maulers and the lack of trample. My basic theme on this deck was just to be able to drop a 'threat' every turn. The maulers arent that great but earlier maulers wreck aggro decks and ppl generally dont like them from what I've seen in play testing, they go out of their way to kill them earlier as possible. Now about the countryside crusher, they are if anything even better mid-late game then they are early game. I mean think about it. . . I drop countryside crush on my 4-5th turn in a deck that mainboards 12 burn slots and alot of big threats . . after I drop countryside crusher I am going to be drawing a threat or burn 100% of the time because countryside is skimming all my land out while in turn getting larger. See where Im coming from????? He's like a phatty draw mechanism. On that note I was actually considering countryside+cream of the crop in a threat heavy deck would be pretty cool.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1