Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sealed Pool : Howd you build this?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
Eldar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would probably go with something like this by casting costs:

0:
Vivid Grove

1:
Springleaf Drum
Runed Stalactite

2:
Leaf Gilder
Lignify
Elvish Warrior x2
Blades of the Velis Veil
Bosk Banneret x2

3:
Imperious Perfect
Inner-Flame Acolyte
Inner-Flame Igniter
Gilt-Leaf Seer

4:
Masked Admirers
Wort, Boggart Auntie
Lowland Oaf
Rival's Duel

5:
Greatbow Doyen
Shriekmaw
Violet Pall
Giant Harbinger

6:
Axegrinder Giant

7:
Mournwhelk

This doesn't seem very good anyway but you could have tried going for the merfolk/faerie package instead of the red, with the amoeboid, reejery, pestermite, douser, turtleshell, whelm, fencer, inspired. Either way the deck would be a solid 3-3 in 6 rounds maybe 4-2 but I don't think any better than that.
Sandler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UWb
McRishel42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree, I'd probably go UW with a splash of black for the Shriekmaw and other stuff. The worst part about your pool is that you do have really good stuff, but really good stuff in every color, and not a lot of stuff in any one color. Sucks lol.
jared

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White doesn't have enough strong creatures to get the job done. I'd play URb. It gives you a decent enough curve w/ good targets in UR for giant harbinger to be effective besides his 3/4 body. Wort can also return tricks like Blades.
Femt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, first of all I would be really worried if I were you coz your pool kinda suck!! Shocked
First, the must choose color there is W. You are really unlucky with the rest, despite some fo your green cards are somwhat nice, such as Imperious Perfect, you dont have many threats there.
Second, I wouldnt splash anything. Splashing G there wouldnt be of much help,and you only have one removal at R and just a double violet at B. But if you really want to splash, I would try B.

In my opinion, your deck should be WU. Wink
jared

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell me how white is better than red. Red has more synergy with blades alone than white has with blue. You can search for blades with a strong creature or search for more giants with said creature. The boggart is strong with the stalactite alone not to mention the faeries and blades. A splash in black gives you two strongest removal spells for sealed (black is hardly ever ever a feature color making pall even better). The duel is also a good removal spell with your bigger creatures. Choosing white as a main color does nothing except give you small irrelevant guys. I'd be surprised if you played it. R=big guys + tricks and searchers, U=your guy base with strong changlings plus good tricks in whelm, pestermite, and stream, B=2 strong removal spells. And contrary to what others are saying it could definitely be a 5-1 deck in most sealeds, just depends on skill level Smile
Femt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I saw the Shierkmaw there I certainly would try something with B due to removal, but still dont be confident. this pool is really weak.
I think your R really sucks. You have 1 removal and it could be splashed, but your mana curve wouldnt be very realiable. I dont know, I just think you could go with 100% sure that your making the right decision with WU. Like I said, splashing B would be an ok decision, but it wouldnt be a mortal weapon, since you dont know others players pools. ^^
Inferno3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jared wrote:
Please tell me how white is better than red. Red has more synergy with blades alone than white has with blue. You can search for blades with a strong creature or search for more giants with said creature. The boggart is strong with the stalactite alone not to mention the faeries and blades. A splash in black gives you two strongest removal spells for sealed (black is hardly ever ever a feature color making pall even better). The duel is also a good removal spell with your bigger creatures. Choosing white as a main color does nothing except give you small irrelevant guys. I'd be surprised if you played it. R=big guys + tricks and searchers, U=your guy base with strong changlings plus good tricks in whelm, pestermite, and stream, B=2 strong removal spells. And contrary to what others are saying it could definitely be a 5-1 deck in most sealeds, just depends on skill level Smile

He has swell, barrage, feudkillers, neck snap. He basically has to play white. All of those cards (especially the feudkillers verdict) are pretty insane. I would go UW splashing black for shriekmaw personally...
Femt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just what I said here. But its still a weak pool in my opinion ;/
Eldar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I don't know what you people see in white. There is verdict as a bomb but other than that the pool is incredibly weak in white. The red offers you fat, tricks, removal, and recursion. The black splash offers you disruption and removal, and the green provides early game as well as an I win the game if not answered card in perfect. The elves here are pretty good in and of themselves, however aside from perfect nothing really stands out as great; however an opening of a couple elves followed by perfect is hard to beat by any standards. The blue here is also fine with a small merfolk core backed up with a little evasion with the faeries, cantrips, and combat tricks like crazy. Honestly the white here simply sucks. The absolute best thing you can do is banneret into a 3/3 for 5. Good luck with that. Each other color offers you a better package here.
Femt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man realize!! Bear in mind he is going to play against others player. If thats the case, he shouldnt consider on using only 2-3 drops elves with no useful abilities just because he owns a single imperious perfect. Dont get me wrong,the card is great, but its not working while his only good elves are 2 drops elves 2/3. And if the red your saying is so good, why most of the ppl here didnt mentioned it??
His W is probally the most complete color and it surely must be used. U is ok but the others colors lack so many things and are somewhat slow so the options are really limited. Like you said, his B could be splashed, but I really dont like to splash in LLM that much ;/
Just a personal preference here, but it could be done. Like I said b4, I would suggest WU but a WUB is also playable. Im gonna say again, the pool sucks,mainly because of the poor mana curve in G and R and the lack of options ;/
Eldar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realize he's playing against other players. That is exactly my freaking point. White has absolutely crap for creatures, crap for tricks, crap for everything. Green at least gives him something. Don't simply just flame me without any evidence to back it up. As for what everyone else has said. They clearly haven't played much if any of this format and don't know what they are talking about. Whereas I have and I know what you have to do to win in this type of environment. Also I said that you want your main color to be green, your primary splash to be either blue/red and your secondary splash to be black. I didn't say the red was the best it just has a lot more to offer in every aspect than the white which has creatures that are worse than hill giants, the weakest white removal spells in the format arguably, a couple of the worst kithkin aside from the cenn, almost no synergy with the bannerets, and only one bomb that requires you to be either mainly or primarily splashing white to be effective. His curve is hard to say either way. White would possibly help that a small amount however the weakness in the creatures would make that strictly worse for him as the game progresses. With G/R/b for example he at least has a few 3, 4, and 5 drops to consistently work with each game and assuming G/U/b he should be able to smooth out the curve a bit and outdraw opponents later in the game.
Femt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant really say you played more sealed than me,as Im playing a lot just like you. I tried to see what you mean here, but fact is that you are perhaps looking to another sealed pool. R above here just sucks, and I can say that alongside with the others you mentioned above that havent played it yet, we all agreeded that WUB would be an ok choice. Look again, his R lacks good critters and removal, and thats what R is all about. He simple cant have those from this pool, so the logical choice here would be W, because of the consistent mana curve, U because of flying and a few tricks, and B to splash the removals to give the deck some power. Like I said, I would not splash B because its not my style to splash in Lowryn and Morning sealed and draft because it ruins the mana curve, but it would be acceptable. Im sure you are playing this for a while, but dont misjudge the others ability. Its possible for others players to play this just once and own you and me togheter.
Femt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, despite your imperious perfect and at the momment you have it at your pool, and you´re willing to use it at your deck, I would forget about G. Imperious Perfect is good, but its the only thing you got there. Besides, your number of changeling will be only enough if you do R, and as you said yourself, your R inst good enough. W is the best you got, Smell of courage and some ok critters makes the mana curve very consistent. Your U aint that good either, but you need some fliers and tricks, and thats what you have here. The weakness at U is the mana curve, which makes it hard to splash B there, because many cards require UU costs and stuff. You have some in B that could be splashed with a better curve, but still it wont save, or saved you most of times. Shierkaw is a good card but Im pretty sure thats all you got there as well. In my opinion the best choice would be WU, so you could prevent your U weakness from making your deck´s mana curve even more unbalaced. I just want to help, and I hope I did Wink
Femt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me how do youthink he is going to work with 2 changeling and no others archers
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2