Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

social networking question

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Envisioner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: social networking question Reply with quote

I'd rather play against people that I know than random strangers. Is there any way I can find out when a particular person who I've played before and know isn't a jerk is on the system looking for a game? Like, is there a record of when users log on and off that I can see to find out when my friends have been here, so I can guess when they might be in again?
Alandariel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: social networking question Reply with quote

Envisioner wrote:
I'd rather play against people that I know than random strangers. Is there any way I can find out when a particular person who I've played before and know isn't a jerk is on the system looking for a game? Like, is there a record of when users log on and off that I can see to find out when my friends have been here, so I can guess when they might be in again?

I'd rather respond to people that aren't jerks and random strangers expecting help from people they think are jerks.

No.
Envisioner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: social networking question Reply with quote

Alandariel wrote:
Envisioner wrote:

I'd rather respond to people that aren't jerks and random strangers expecting help from people they think are jerks.

No.

I never said you were a jerk; I don't even know you. All I'm saying is, if I've played against someone, I'll know whether they're a nice person or not, whereas with some random person I don't know, it could go either way.
lennin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its called a chatroom
aldaryn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe the next addition to gleemax will be that you can rate your opponents' friendliness from previous tournaments on the dci page! then your friendliness or lack thereof will be known to all!
Envisioner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ILikeBananas wrote:
Ask them for contact info during the game?

I was planning to do that when my ISP decided it would be funny to randomly disconnect me. I'm trying to figure out whether that person is still around, maybe get a message to them saying that it wasn't my fault I vanished in mid-game. (Really, I'm not a jerk, I'm a nice guy, just a sort of an inept one.)
Envisioner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

then, suddenly, I noticed the link at the top of every page that says "memberlist".

Question over.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1