Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creature's Bane

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Twin-Chainer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Creature's Bane Reply with quote

Lands
25 [TSP] Swamp (1)

Creatures
1 [10E] Mortivore
4 [10E] Vampire Bats
4 [10E] Nantuko Husk
4 [10E] Gravedigger
4 [10E] Doomed Necromancer
4 [10E] Hidden Horror
4 [10E] Plague Beetle

Spells
4 [10E] Terror
4 [10E] Grave Pact
4 [10E] Consume Spirit
4 [10E] Recover
3 [10E] No Rest for the Wicked
2 [10E] Soul Feast
4 [10E] Diabolic Tutor

Sideboard
SB: 2 [10E] Stronghold Discipline
SB: 2 [TSP] Dread Return

The basic idea of this deck is to make it so that no creature stays very long on the opponents playing field. And if my creatures die they would most quickly and promptly returned to hand or play by various means.

It is an idea to stall creature deck and in the end either Consume its Spirit or overwhelm it with a horde of unkillable creatures that would recycle every time something is done to them. Or with Mortivore as pumped by the actions of Grave Pact and other cards.

The testing of this deck has been quite successful. I cut it down from 90 cards to 75 and it still works fine. Now it works well against spell based decks as well as creature decks as i can get out more and smaller creatures faster.
IberianWolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how worse can it get?
Twin-Chainer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do ya mean by that?
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut it down to 60. I would suggest cards like Vampire Bat and Doomed Necromancer. Hmmm, no I will just make a deck for you out of my head which would do way better than that one:

24 Swamp

4 Mind Stone
1 Loxodon Warhammer
1 Gauntlet of Power

1 Avatar of Woe
1 Stronghold Overseer
4 Korlash, Heir to Blackblade
4 Graveborn Muse

4 Tendrils of Corruption
2 Consume Spirit
3 Diabolic Tutor
3 Damnation
4 Cruel Edict
4 Distress

good luck
IberianWolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant that your deck is horrible and is just a lot of cards put together. I mean, 25 lands, and basically 4 of each other card probably means the deck is either bad or an exception. you even run plague beetle :/ and no urborg.

you need to tackle the mana curve, add korlash and dark confidant, etc. you know, build a deck. that works.
brottor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IberianWolf wrote:
I meant that your deck is horrible and is just a lot of cards put together. I mean, 25 lands, and basically 4 of each other card probably means the deck is either bad or an exception. you even run plague beetle :/ and no urborg.

you need to tackle the mana curve, add korlash and dark confidant, etc. you know, build a deck. that works.

Why would you run a legendary land that makes all of your opponent's lands into swamps.....If you're playing one, One, color..Black, 25 swamps. Urborg...and 24 Swamp Swamps? But yeah, 75 cards is O.o
coolcreep

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me: Island, go.
you: gg.
Avata

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope this just a poor attempt at trolling.
Questar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how it's called "Creature's Bane." In all seriousness though, you really don't know anything about magic to post a deck like that. If you're a casual player and all that, that's fine, but post in the CASUAL forum, thanks.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brottor wrote:
IberianWolf wrote:

Why would you run a legendary land that makes all of your opponent's lands into swamps.....If you're playing one, One, color..Black, 25 swamps. Urborg...and 24 Swamp Swamps? But yeah, 75 cards is O.o

Because Plague Beetle has Swampwalk.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djww19 wrote:
coolcreep wrote:
me: Island, go.
you: gg.

<_<' Guess that motion to ban Islands didn't go through. Damn.

Ya, I don't know why not. They make BLUE mana! Freaking rigged.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1