Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lorwyn

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Cheemo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: lorwyn Reply with quote

Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly good cards both of them. I doubt the Treefolk will see any constructed play, but it is a definite first pick in Limited. Gaddock Teeg is probably going to see constructed play, but he is not very good in Limited, since there are no non-creature spells in the set.
Edowardo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes their are. www.mtgsalvation.com ftw.
Kaesh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
there are no non-creature spells in the set.

ummm.... no?
NecroMage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner seems to think "Legions" is spelled L-O-R-W-Y-N. Rolling Eyes
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard rumors that Lowryn was a creature-only set yes. Like Legions.
kby

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they already previewed like 10+ non-creature spells.... so i would problem read up on mtgsal before you post things like its a non-creature set....

------
this will see play in eternal just b/c it can counter some combo based cards...
Edowardo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off the top of my head cards that we have all seen, the planeswalkers aren't creatures.
doctor_x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all...
Actually amazing
In a Aether Vial environment (fish or gro decks) fits just perfectly:
No FoW
No tendrils and desire
Seems to be made to be played with meddling mage
No Wrath of God!
what else, u tell me, but we'll see this guy around
luckily he's a legend
cmc
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say this on IRC every time the 2/2 comes up: It's broken, and by far better than Tarmogoyf for type 2. It single handedly nullifies 80% of a control deck's nonland spells. Oh, and spell snare is out, so nothing's stopping it on turn 2 (don't say mana tithe). Backed by Saffi, control will crash to the ground, and the poor players that try to luck out with aggro decks will (unfortunately) have a chance...Good job wotc, print yet another broken 2-drop...don't bother to give control decks anything for the 300th time in a row. Honestly, they're doing this to get more bad players that can only win with aggro decks to play. They figure, "Oh, I have a chance now!" As usual, the drive to make more money than they could possibly need is attempting to kill the metagame.

Yet again, he's infinitely better than tarmogoyf, and anyone that thinks otherwise is wrong. Control had better get something, anything to recover from these ridiculous mindless beatdown cards being printed left and right.
RichardDWade

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmc wrote:
I say this on IRC every time the 2/2 comes up: It's broken, and by far better than Tarmogoyf for type 2. It single handedly nullifies 80% of a control deck's nonland spells. Oh, and spell snare is out, so nothing's stopping it on turn 2 (don't say mana tithe). Backed by Saffi, control will crash to the ground, and the poor players that try to luck out with aggro decks will (unfortunately) have a chance...Good job wotc, print yet another broken 2-drop...don't bother to give control decks anything for the 300th time in a row. Honestly, they're doing this to get more bad players that can only win with aggro decks to play. They figure, "Oh, I have a chance now!" As usual, the drive to make more money than they could possibly need is attempting to kill the metagame.

Yet again, he's infinitely better than tarmogoyf, and anyone that thinks otherwise is wrong. Control had better get something, anything to recover from these ridiculous mindless beatdown cards being printed left and right.

As kaesh said previously .. Ummmmm... NO. I find it hard to believe that wotc hasn't given control players anything good the last "300 times" (whatever that means...) In actuality, this IS a control card, because it tells your opponent no. And Tarmagoyf is a beat stick. Its like Granny Smith and Red Delicious. Both are apples (creatures) but both have their own distinctive, juicy flavor ftw.
thedarkness

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sure, because control decks love to run cards that nullify most of the other cards in their own deck. >.>; Seems brilliant.
cmc
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

300 times is obviously an exaggeration, but the last time control got a card on par with the current aggro tech was....I can't remember. Confused

Skullclamp, Jitte, shocklands, helix, char, watchwolf, ape, lions, scab clan, solifuge, saffi, goyf, etc etc. Control has gained...uh, spell snare and teferi. Neither which (although spell snare is very strong) is on par with these beatdown cards.

Now then, tell me how the hell could this guy be a control card? Control decks are famous for their late game huge spells that this guy prevents you from casting. No card advantage = 1 dead control deck.
OKGengar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's only good in aggro because he shuts down wog/damnation imho
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is simply awesome. He forces WoG/Damnation- based control decks to include spot removal, just so that they can attempt to kill all the other creatures he is surrounded with. That is time gained, at least one turn. A turn that control does not have vs an aggro deck. He is 2/2 for two mana as well, so he is not strictly a sideboard card. He kills Storm decks, and most of the most powerful spells in the format cannot be played (powerful spells normally have more than 3cc).

The most important spells he screws up is WoG and Damnation yes, but those are _very_ important indeed.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3