Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BRG Tokens, Sacrifice and Triggers

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
Luka_

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: BRG Tokens, Sacrifice and Triggers Reply with quote

I do want to make this deck the most competitive possible, however I won't switch to T2 or to another thema.

Tried it against a Ad Nauseam combo deck, 4 duress in sideboard that's my only tool ... Or with some luck a early Zombie Infestation, discard all and get him as low as possible with the 2/2 zombies hoping that he kills himself.

Tried it against a fast aggro deck, didn't stand a chance in g1 ... Grave Pact gave me more hope for the later games, but still a slow card to face a winnies and can be dealed with quite easly (naturalize).

Here is the list (mwDeck like):

// Lands
1 [TSP] Kher Keep (tokens)
3 [ON] Wooded Foothills
3 [ON] Bloodstained Mire
4 [A] Bayou
4 [A] Badlands
4 [A] Taiga

// Creatures
4 [ALA] Hissing Iguanar
4 [TSP] Mogg War Marshal
3 [ALA] Deathgreeter
4 [SC] Carrion Feeder
3 [EVE] Creakwood Liege
4 [A] Birds of Paradise

// Spells
4 [SC] Skulltap
4 [8E] Fecundity
4 [MOR] Bitterblossom
4 [ALA] Bone Splinters
2 [OD] Zombie Infestation
1 [ALA] Necrogenesis

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [8E] Naturalize
SB: 3 [8E] Grave Pact
SB: 4 [ALA] Jund Charm
SB: 4 [ARE] Duress

Comments:

Obviously one way to kill is to generate many tokens and flood the opponent with. Hissing Iguanars are here to speed the process or as an alternate way to do all the job.

Some card specific comments:

Deathgreeter replaced the Mycoloths I had before. At best the big one would come out T4, and saprolings will start flooding the opponent at T6. Too slow. Deathgreeter can buy me some time to get the all thing running.

Should probably use Tormod's Crypt instead of Jund Charm in sideboard.

Bitterblossom seems a bit slow in T1.5, almost want to replace them with some Dragon Fodder but flying and synergie with Creakwood Liege are hard to drop. Plus I don't want a gob deck Wink

It's quite far from being competitive atm, I'm not really used to T1.5 and am asking for feedbacks for that very reason. Feel free to get half the deck replaced as long as it still fits the original concept Wink

EDIT: replaced deathgreeters with 3*Sprouting Thrinax
stone_d
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why u play skulltap if you can play scarscale ritual?

Needs more saclands, Nantuko huskand Sprouting thrinax.
And remove deathgreeder and creakwood liege.

Then you would have a deck that is better then what you have now. And then maybe u could do decent at a T2 tourney (Just hope noone knows what cards are legal)
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems nice, but I think Legacy is too hard for a deck like this. In T2 it might have a chance, but I wonder if it has in T1.5 aswell.

Have you tested it against Stax? Imo it's the hardest matchup for you.
asamodious

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SniperMayer wrote:

Have you tested it against Stax? Imo it's the hardest matchup for you.

I think everything is its hardest match-up, as i cant possibly see this deck winning against anything at all. You cant take a bunch of t2 cards, add a legacy mana base and a few cards from extended and expect it to be anywhere never competitive in legacy.

Not to mention your play trash cards that t2 token decks don't even run. (Deathgreeter, hissing Iguanar, Bone Splinters)

These are the kind of decks that lose at my local free legacy. (They have free and one that costs money at the same time...the good players pay for better prize support obv)
Luka_

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I'm even worse at it as I thought Wink

I didn't use Scarscale, because I didn't know about it.

Legacy indeed too hard, I switched to extended, made a lot of changes, and will post there now for more feedbacks. Hope you'll see I learnt some things Wink

About deathgreeter, hissing iguanar and bone splinters ... I did remove them but I still think those are nice cards in the right deck (obviously not mine). I just have to get a better view of the game to understand your conclusion about those Wink

Will keep this deck going in the T1.x forum. Thanks for your answers Wink
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1