Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nintendo DS lite

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Nintendo DS lite Reply with quote

My wife just bought a Nintendo DS, and I was wondering what games would be good to get for it. I know I am going to get Final Fantasy lll. Any other RPGs or Mario games worth looking into? I was looking into the Final Fantasy Chocobo Tales and it said something about playing card games, etc which sounded interesting. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Monkeyhump

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pokemon Diamond and Mario Kart
cloysterd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario RPG - Mario Brothers: Partners in Time

Mario games - Mario 64, Mario Kart, New Super Mario Brothers, Super Princess Peach (never played it, but I hear it's good).

RPGs - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, and a bunch of stuff I haven't gotten around to playing so I won't recommend.

Also - Advance Wars Dual Strike, one of my favorite handheld games.
aldaryn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new super mario bros is very good if you like the old mario platformers

FFIII is very good, if you played FFXII on PS2 (and you should) Squeenix just announced FFXII: Revenant Wings is coming over on DS, as well as Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (sequel to FFT Advance). Both should be out this year.

I really liked Hotel Dusk: Room 215. It was like digital Clue with a great noir plotline. Lasted about ten hours.

Mario Kart DS is amazing and if you have wireless it has free online play too. Probably the best mario kart they've made yet.

Hope that helps.

edit
Also, don't forget it plays GBA games, and there are tons of amazing games for GBA. In particular Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones if you like RPGs.
ant900

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aldaryn wrote:

edit
Also, don't forget it plays GBA games, and there are tons of amazing games for GBA. In particular Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones if you like RPGs.

you mention GBA RPGs and you forget Golden Sun 1 & 2, how dare you Evil or Very Mad

Metriod Prime was good, but it takes some getting used to the controls, but the online play is so fun
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i appreciate it guys. I really like RPGs but my wife likes mario and stuff like that. She got that Mario and Luigi Time something or another and I am about to get FF3. Im gonna look at those Fire Emblem games.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much does the online cost and what do I need to get it?
Monkeyhump

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

online is free but u have to have wireless connection
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I have to buy anything for the DS? Or just have access to wireless?
ant900

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid_Christ wrote:
Do I have to buy anything for the DS? Or just have access to wireless?
the DS shouldn't need anything if you already have wireless, you just need to know your wireless info so you can connect to it
aldaryn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

golden sun 1&2 for GBA were decent but weak on plot.

How could I forget - Zelda: The Minish Cap for GBA. Excellent.

The instructions for wireless should be in the wi-fi enabled games (mario kart, animal crossing, metroid, etc) also try nintendowifi.com

your wireless has to be WEP or not encrypted though, DS does not support WPA...hopefully you know what i am talking about

there is an online browser coming out for the DS this week too that you can buy for like $30 or something

have fun
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1