Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New here, have a few questions...

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
cloysterd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: New here, have a few questions... Reply with quote

So I haven't played Magic in quite a few years, but I've been bored so I figured what the hell, and this is the most promising place that Google came up with. I've familiarized myself with the cards and the apps and I'd like to do some of the mini-tournaments around here (particularly Limited), but I do have a couple of questions:

1. Are the the mini-tournaments all done in the IRC channels, or is there some system in place on the website that tells me who I play and what their IP is?

2. How exactly do I verify that my opponent made his deck from the cards he drafted or got from sealed (and how do I prove that I did)? Is there any way to check that he didn't just do 50 sealed decks and pick the one he liked best? I'm not sure how you'd prevent the latter case, but I might as well ask.

3. How patient are people going to be if I get a rule wrong? I think I basically have it down, but after so long I can't guarantee anything (and I wasn't exactly an expert back then). Am I going to get disqualified for not knowing the ins and outs of Morph (which was after my time), or are people generally understanding when mistakes are made?

Thanks for answering, and I'm looking forward to playing here.
Paellin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaming helps no one. Please stop.
cloysterd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that was the weirdest compliment I ever got. It's not like this is my first forum or something, and I've dealt with plenty of assholes of all ages and varieties.

And if it really is that bad around here, maybe I can help elevate the discourse.
Shyft-
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cloysterd :

The mini tournaments are all advertised and conducted in IRC, generally in #magic-league , #apprentice or #draft4you . There are good IRC clients like mIRC or TurboIRC which can be used to connect to and customize your template on IRC.

For Sealed tournaments, the Sealed Decks are generated on site, and the Generator also gives a security code for the deck generated. This security code is saved on the site, and will match the security code given in game. For Drafts, NetDraft also gives a security code which can be verified prior to playing your match.

Generally, rulings are lenient, especially in minis. Think of it as a DCI REL 2 tournament. You may still get a game loss if you do something which results in an irreversible game state, but if there's absolutely any way to avoid it, we try to keep any penalties more severe than warnings from occurring. There's always a judging staff available in #judges4you to handle in-game disputes or rulings questions which may occur in Magic-League games.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1