Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Psychatog?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Vintage (T1) Decks
ChronicBlunt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Tog Reply with quote

i would use frantic search and fact or fiction. gush is a possibility too. intuition, gifts ungiven, maybe a set of brainstorms or accumulated knowledge. time twister may be useful, but it could become a dead card if you're trying to build up a big graveyard. mystical tutor and vampiric tutor are all musts maybe even imperial seal would help too. you can use cards like mana vault or sol ring for some more acceloration. one misdirect should be in there cause its better than FoWing an ancestral recall, and you can always side board it out. maybe up your artifact count with a few artifact lands and go with a tinker and inkwell leviathan for a second win condition. you can also go with thirst for knowledge. If you want to go crazy with the artifacts thoughcast becomes a possibility but there are plenty of other card drawing cards to use.
IkeReilly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the above post with a grain of salt, as he does not take into account the banned and restricted list.
ChronicBlunt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

90% of those cards are restricted, and none are banned. I did not realize Brainstorm has been restricted along side thirst for knoweledge. Still 4 intuitions are legal. You can go ahead and get 3 accumulated knoweledge and draw three cards with it. Gifts is restricted but the cards going into your grave turn into tog food. the tutors, imperial seal, fact or fiction, windfall, thirst for knowledge are all restricted. Now if you really want card disruption windfall isn't the best choice, but I think it has a better place in the deck than a timetwister. For card disruption duress is ok, but there is an argument that thoughtsieze is better. Hymn to Torach is really good for card disruption, but the two black may cause some head aches. Hypnotic Specter can be good at card disruption, but I prefer the drawing mechanic with the shadow mage infiltrator. The whole tinker into a leviahan or darksteel collosus is ussually pretty good. For the mana base I would go with polluted delta flooded strand and bloodstained mire, maybe 1 flooded 1 bloodstained and 3 polluted, along with a whole set of underground sea. Moxen and Lotus is a definate, This will protect you incase some one decides to start naming lands after the first pithing needle is set to tog. Merchant scroll is pretty good, as you can get a tutor and set up a tinker, or just get some sort of counterspell. Counter spells should be replaced by mana drains because you no longer have to worry about mana burn there is no argument against mana drain over counterspell. Then again you could run both.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Vintage (T1) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1