Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Draft minis on Mws

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

Should draft minis with MWS be allowed or not?
Yes
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
No
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 11

Shagrath

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Draft minis on Mws Reply with quote

From my point of view, draft minis shouldn't be played on mws, because there is no way to know if a person is actually playing with a deck made from his(her) picks .
Yesterday i was playing in a draft mini Tc'ed by Chob1 .i thought it was strange to to a draft mini with mws because there is no possible way to see the code of the deck for mws in netdraft.
In 1st round i've played vs a guy that had 3(!!!) sulfurous blast , 3 sudden shock, 2 rift bolt, avatar of woe, sengir nosferatu and lim-dul, 2 strangling soots , etc... (hey , i know that most drafts on m-l are unreal , but with the quality of the players that were in that draft i can bet that is 100% impossible for a person to pick such broken cards), and i have no proof against the guy, cuz i cannot say that his deck wasn't really the deck that he had submited, so i think that draft mini's with mws shouldn't be allowed.
What do you guys think?
Meatwarz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think NetDraft should have also a MWS code generator -> we can play MWS Draft normal way too.
Wiley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with all the proof that this site demands for alleged cheaters, it really shouldn't allow events where you can't provide proof...

this isnt saying 'OMG M-L is at fault' because you joined a mini where it was likely that someone would take advantage of the fact that you couldn't prove if they were cheating, and although I sympathise, you did bring it upon yourself in a way... M-L shouldn't TC such minis, but an informed player shouldn't /join/ such minis either.

obviously Meatwarz is right too, but is it going to happen?

edit: Also, I'm sure you know people have drafted ridiculous decks on netdraft before... I was in a CS draft where I drafted UR snow with scrying sheets, rimewind master, rimefeather owl, about three taskmages and five thermopods and I was even able to beat it. All I needed was a freaking rimescale dragon to seal the deal... my point? My point is that people get lucky, and although it seems suspicious, it's not really fair to accuse him of cheating without /real/ proof

Last edited by Wiley on Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shagrath

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

i didn't accuse him cuz i had no proofs, i said that in my post.... but as i told b4, the quality of players that were on that mini tells me that it's almost impossible to get a broken deck like that.it almost 3 of a kind of the best removal cards in limited of this set.

P.S I don't want to blame M-l in any form, this post is just to bring to discussion one matter that is somewhat questionable on the menagement of draft minis, just that.
WoodSage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiley wrote:
Also, I'm sure you know people have drafted ridiculous decks on netdraft before... I was in a CS draft where I drafted UR snow with scrying sheets, rimewind master, rimefeather owl, about three taskmages and five thermopods and I was even able to beat Bwing with it. All I needed was a freaking rimescale dragon to seal the deal... my point? My point is that people get lucky, and although it seems suspicious, it's not really fair to accuse him of cheating without /real/ proof

Seconded, I've been on the receiving end of such accusations myself (I did have a ridiculous Gruul deck with Scab-Clans, a BTS, Ulasht, and 3 Streetbreaker Wurms).
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1