Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Price Point

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic

Will you still buy Magic at its new price point?
Yes, its not that much of a change.
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
Yes, but not as frequently as I have
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
I'm Going to wait and see
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
No, this is an outrage!
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

LaminateStas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: New Price Point Reply with quote

Today Wizards announced the new price point of Magic boosters and other products. I know some people on here only play online, but For me, this is rather upsetting due to the fact it will also drive up the price of singles. Here's the article.

Wizards Announces Price Change Magicthegathering.com Staff
Announcement
Tuesday, August 22, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to global economic pressures and certain cost increases, Wizards of the Coast will increase the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of its front list and backlist Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Star WarsTM and Dungeons & Dragons® Miniatures products effective September 22, 2006. Accordingly, Wizards will increase the price of its Magic: The Gathering Online® products effective October 6, 2006. Even with this increase, our games remain competitively priced with other products in the industry and will continue to deliver the high quality our fans have come to know. As always, our retail customers have the freedom to charge whatever price they see fit.

The MSRP increase will affect the following products:

Magic: The Gathering & Magic: The Gathering Online

Booster Packs: $3.99
Tournament and Theme Decks: $12.29 (excluding 9th Edition Core Set Theme Decks)
Fat Packs: $34.99

Dungeons & Dragons® and Star WarsTM Miniatures

Booster Packs: $14.99
Huge Packs: $21.99

Articles Gatherer Rules SEARCH

So, whats everyone thoughts?
xDaN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gay wizards... this dont really affect me where i win all my cards... but this will aggect the magic community
blackcat77

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rape. Pure and simple. For thpse of us on the fence about just leaving paper magic for appr and mws this is the straw.
12 dollars now for booster drafts..no thanks...well pre-release is different but whatever.

I do agree with Dr_Moo about the boxes thing. Evil or Very Mad
RichardDWade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with this increase, our games remain competitively priced with other products in the industry....

What other products??? What compares to magic? This is the only collectible game I play.. It's not like the car industry that has tons of GOOD choices... I work in office/art supplies and I know that Wizards is cleaning up as it is, especially with Rav sales... Maybe there should be a worldwide "buy nothing week" so that wizards can see how important we are.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good thing SO CAL is diff because of our warehouse outlets and such Smile i can get my boosters for $2-$2.25 a pack, or $70-80 a box Razz

$20-25 per fat
20-25 for all 4 theme decks so ha!
mikeg542

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't play online and my store has an awesome 2.99$ (Canadian) per booster or 3 for 10$, also boosters for 84.95-89.95$(Canadian) So It makes up for their high singles prices.
crazy8s

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: ?? Reply with quote

just thought i'd point out that 3 for 10$$ isn't a real bargain.

-----
+.54
-----

you lose about 2 quarters every time you buy 3
mikeg542

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know, I usually go out of my way to get a # other then 3 or divisible by three.
Manipulation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good thing SO CAL is diff because of our warehouse outlets and such Smile i can get my boosters for $2-$2.25 a pack, or $70-80 a box Razz

$20-25 per fat
20-25 for all 4 theme decks so ha!

Where? I live in Oxnard and the best place I can find is Canejo Sports Cards in Thousand Oaks at 3 bucks a pack.
Lackeos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always hope that Hasbro can do things to make the magic community better; like give free deoderant to pros, dramatically increase the number of people who can make a living on magic, increase the marketing/advertisement, and make it watchable on ESPN2, like poker tournaments.

... instead, they just raise the cost of boosters. Instead of bringing more people in and legitamizing magic, they force players out.

Btw, I never buy boosters anyways, so w/e.
Manipulation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lackeos wrote:
Btw, I never buy boosters anyways, so w/e.

This drives up the price for singles and fatpacks too. I think the fatpack raise pains me the most.
Colossus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I gotta pay a few extra bucks to draft...

...No biggie.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manipulation wrote:

Where? I live in Oxnard and the best place I can find is Canejo Sports Cards in Thousand Oaks at 3 bucks a pack.

it's in the the city of industry, like 5 miles from pomona.

frank and sons
19649 E. San Jose AVE
city of industry, ca 91748

basically, it's a big o' warehouse for collectables. tons of magic, yugioh, sports, and other collectable vendors. you get everything well under the retail price. but they're only open on weds, and sats.

magic boosters from $2-2.25 per t2 pack.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2