Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 239 Judged!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rating: There's no downfall to doing the Scry 1 so I don't see why this is a "may" ability. Maybe you can explain what I'm missing here because this seem to have missed the nail completely. 0/10

If I decline to Scry1, your land enters tapped. If I do choose to scry, you have the land this turn.
shadowist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:
Quote:
Rating: There's no downfall to doing the Scry 1 so I don't see why this is a "may" ability. Maybe you can explain what I'm missing here because this seem to have missed the nail completely. 0/10

If I decline to Scry1, your land enters tapped. If I do choose to scry, you have the land this turn.

I think what he's trying 2 say is that this land is strictly worse than the guildgates AND this is rare (there is already an outcry over the scry duals). Beginners who do not know when to take the scry option can simply elect to have the land enter tapped. Against a pro, there are instances when having a land untapped is worse than letting the opponent scry 1.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the pseudodespot card a lot.
gg all

go next!
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stucco wrote:
Chronofluctuator...................1UG
Enchantment........................R

At the beginning if your upkeep, you may return a land you control to its owner's hand. If you do, end the turn and take an extra turn after this one. Otherwise, scry 1.

Rating: This feels breakable, but not alone. In fact, this alone might do almost nothing. I would have liked the functionality to work more with Simic's other functions since you drew from them for flavor. Either way it's a card I would want and that counts for something. 9.5/10

This card is absolutely BAZAAR AND BROKEN! ^^^^^^
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And yea...look at the top cards for a free creature, or putting +1 counters on a creature is a green effect :p
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldnt you turn 1 arbor elf into this and kill them with the elf with all the extra turns if they didnt play a creature.
shadowist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next CAC plz
_Godica

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raybelfast wrote:

Couldnt you turn 1 arbor elf into this and kill them with the elf with all the extra turns if they didnt play a creature.

I thought that the first time I read it, but look again and you'll see that using it ends the turn immediately, as in on your upkeep, as in you do not get the opportunity to play a new land or attack.
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah a land where the opponent decides whether or not it enters tapped seemed like a nice idea worth trying. Sadly I didn't manage to deliver that clear enough. The wording might be a bit off and not working as intended in its current state. But as a first sketch it should work just fine. Maybe scry 2, but that is development's problem Razz
shadowist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Weebles wrote:
pseudodespot wrote:
Yeah a land where the opponent decides whether or not it enters tapped seemed like a nice idea worth trying. Sadly I didn't manage to deliver that clear enough. The wording might be a bit off and not working as intended in its current state. But as a first sketch it should work just fine. Maybe scry 2, but that is development's problem Razz

If it's any consolation, I would rather have duals like yours than the Theros duals..

Haven't I mentioned before that these r worse than the guildgates? And not just the fact that the gates can b searched?
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post a challenge tonight if the winner and first runner up haven't yet.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1