Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mirc chat dead?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
kimzter

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: mirc chat dead? Reply with quote

I just returned to try and play after a few years. It seems really dead on the irc channels especially on the netdraft one. Is there a particular time of day when things are more active? Or has the whole drafting thing gone out the window? Draft and sealed were always my favorite formats.
I see there is a sealed tournament coming up in a few hours. Too late for me to play in, but I just wanted some clarification about joining. Is it still done through the irc chatroom for registering?
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you were there for 10 minutes at midnight on a holiday. Of course it was dead. With that being said, it's not nearly as active as it was before the C&D or even before GTC came out and the patch messed up a lot of people's MWS.

Still, to be clear, come when Americans would normally on and there will usually be a lot of people there. They probably will not speak to you unless you say something more than "hello."
Charles-

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to come back here too for about the last week and I've also noticed the chats are dead compared to what they were a few years ago and I've seen maybe almost no minis happening. How can we return ML to it's glory days?
StarWolf

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#magic-league doesn't seem dead at all, but the draft channel is pretty much dead. I imagine this is partly because draft minis are only rarely hosted and netdraft kind of sucks as a program (doesn't have reliable print runs etc.).

As for the perceived lack of minis, apparently the percentage of minis is down, but back in the "glory days" people also complained about there not being enough minis, so what do you expect?
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles- wrote:
How can we return ML to it's glory days?

Thanks to the Cease and Desist order from Hasbro, we do not tell people to get MWS because that would be advertising it. They could read the Getting Started guide, or they could come to the chat room, or they could use google to find it. Sadly, most new prospective members are too stupid to do any of these things, and until we get a better crop of new people, the decline will continue.
Iso1nano

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New website maybe and maybe something fun and interesting in chat like wolfs and villagers brought back. More Minis with better rewards Smile
kimzter

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@judicator
this is the same time (give or take an hour) that I used to play here, I used to come in and play two or three drafts in a couple of hours. My real question was if I was looking in the right place by being in the irc chat rooms. and it seems that it was Smile I will try again, it will take a little remembering to figure out mws and netdraft , it really has been a long time
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1