Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with M-L webpage and IRC

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Rechtern

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Problems with M-L webpage and IRC Reply with quote

Good evening everybody,

The last two days, I have been experiencing some technical problems.

I have returned to M-L in half December and I have been playing since that time without any problems.

However, two days ago I couldn't connect IRC, "unable to connect: null" problem. Strange, because I haven't touch anything in my router/modem/firewall, nothing!

From yesterday till now, I can not even open M-L webpage from home, but I can do it from another places.

Do you guys have any idea what could it be? Is it possible that my Internet service provider has made any changes in the router configuration or anything?

Any tips would be pretty much appreciated.

Regards,
Rechtern
Ravensoul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people have had the same issue. I did a tracert on the ml website earlier and found that it was a dns issue. they are working to resolve it. it is either an issue with certain isps or with the dns server ml uses to resolve the domain name.

there are a few things you can try in order to try to connect to the site some people have had success with this, but most havent.

1) do a dns flush. you do this by opening your start menu and typing cmd into the run box. then type "ipconfig /dnsflush" without the quotations.

2) make sure you are not using a proxy when trying to connect, check your internet settings for this. most browsers will have instructions on how to find it.

3) wait. for most people, they had to wait until the issue was resolved before they were able to connect to the site again.

The IRC channel doesnt seem to be affected by this (unless you connect to the channel through the site, and you cannot access the site) the irc channel can be accessed through mimmet.com or any other irc app or outlet.

I hope this helps.
Rechtern

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Ravensoul.

I will take a look when I arrive home.
Rechtern

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything solved by itself Very Happy thanks anyway
Strid3r

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspected that Wizards finally killed this website. xD
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1