Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bant Soldiers

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Actionjake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Bant Soldiers Reply with quote

I have been playing this deck for a while trying to find its problems and strengths and this post is what I am currently playing with seems ok but could use a little more consistency. Having trouble with control(sometimes at about 80% consistancy), sometimes mana issues.

23 lands
3 Hallowed Fountain
3 Temple Garden
3 Cavern of Souls
2 Sunpetal Grove
2 Glacial Fortress
2 Hinterland Harbor
2 Gavony Township
2 Forest
2 Plains
2 Island

25 Creatures
3 Avacyn's Pilgrim
3 Lyev Skyknight
3 Precinct Captain
3 Loxodon Smiter
3 Borderland Ranger
2 Elguad Shieldmate
2 Silverblade Paladin
2 Dryad Militant
3 Captain of the Watch

1 Fiend Hunter

12 Non-Creature Spells
3 Farseek
3 Cather's Crusade
3 Azorious Charm
3 Akroma's Memorial

Side Board
3 Detention Sphere
3 Cyclonic Rift
3 Erase
2 Fiend Hunter
2 Zealous Conscripts
2 Angel of Glory's Rise

First my choices I originally based the deck off Descendant's Path as a draw engine but I found it to hurt more than helped but I enjoyed the soldier synergy so I am trying to stick with that theme. Basically I try and get a cathers out there and drop bunches of small dudes that get big I have a few non soldiers like the champion but it is for getting my other dudes in get a cathers champion and precinct captain and its dudes that get bigger every turn. Akroma's is for the haste really the flying is nice too pro red and black is good but its exspencive I know fervor is set legal but its red so... but could be better like the new planeswalkers ultimate is awesome too bad its red was thinking about Naya colors but I am apprehensive.
side board options are still wanting I chose these to stop the most common decks i see out there. Open for suggestions and Ideas I see potential but I can't put my finger on it.

amended for the changes as of 2:24 AM Pacific standard time removed a few cards to add 1 akrmoa's 1 captain of the watch 3 borderland rangers 3 caverns and the conscripts in the sb since i got the caverns. win ratio played 10 games won 8 (played closer to 30 but i dont count people that say its a trash deck and quit when losing, people who win via door and dont play a second round and people that take your permenants and give you a noob token when losing, as actual matches) 8/10 is still 80% but it is more consistant.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1