Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

r/u controlburn

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
ozmosis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: r/u controlburn Reply with quote

Following is a rough control/burn deck I have been testing. Has been doing decent. Looking to take it to the next level, any comments appreciated.

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
3 [DKA] Evolving Wilds
7 [M12] Island (4)
9 [M12] Mountain (3)
4 [ISD] Sulfur Falls
2 [AVR] Cavern of Souls

// Creatures
2 [M12] Inferno Titan
2 [M12] Frost Titan

// Spells
3 [AVR] Bonfire of the Damned
1 [AVR] Crippling Chill
1 [DKA] Curse of Bloodletting
2 [M12] Incinerate
2 [SOM] Koth of the Hammer
2 [M12] Ponder
2 [NPH] Pristine Talisman
2 [MBS] Red Sun's Zenith
3 [NPH] Shrine of Burning Rage
2 [MBS] Sphere of the Suns
2 [AVR] Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
1 [AVR] Temporal Mastery
2 [AVR] Thunderous Wrath
3 [NPH] Volt Charge
1 [DKA] Faithless Looting
2 [M12] Chandra, the Firebrand

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [M12] Mana Leak
SB: 1 [ISD] Ancient Grudge
SB: 1 [AVR] Demolish
SB: 1 [MBS] Steel Sabotage
SB: 1 [ISD] Blasphemous Act
SB: 1 [ISD] Brimstone Volley
SB: 2 [SOM] Ratchet Bomb
SB: 1 [MBS] Crush
SB: 2 [M12] Manabarbs
SB: 1 [ISD] Devil's Play
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a deck for real life?

I'll delve into this later, but the first thing I notice is you need to get those shrines out and add some snapcaster mages.
ozmosis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be for real life once I iron out the inconsistencies and refine it online. I definately see the value in adding the snapcasters and was thinking this before you suggested it.

However I'm not certain I should cut all the shrines, I have quite a few games due to the shrines and all the burn. In some senses having 2 or so snapcasters would work increase the value/impact of the shrines from flashing back burn spells I cannot currently. It's also handy vs an equiped creature with war and peace which otherwise is very difficult to deal with.

While I do feel the early focus of the deck might be trying to do too much, I struggle what to cut as different cards have definately been difference makers in certain matchups.

Want 2 slots in mainboard for ratchetbombs. I am always siding them in b/c of the prevelance of tokens etc and they are always helpful.

I feel that the titans, and the red walkers are definately the power of the deck.

Obviously I can cut the crippling chill and Tamiyo I feel like I should move to the sideboard as it's only useful in certain matchups.

While bonfire is useful I think cutting it down to two would be more optimal as it is definately clunky specially if I have more than one in hand and cannot miracle it. Consequently if I can find some spot to increase ponder/looting count it would help the consistency of miracle and finding threats when I need them. possibly slaggstorm as a 1 off might be more useful early game.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd cut the 2 pristine talisman and add 2 more sphere of the sun's. also add 1 more koth or even 2. playing koth turn 3 consistently in a format without counterspells is a great value. also adding vapor snag to deal with huge threats could be ok. I agree the shrines do not belong here. If you want to fully use them, and seen you want to cut tamiyo, just go for big red control. there's an example in the decks DB here that won a trial. also i feel you do not need cavern of souls.staying UR a useful card would be dungeon geists for the things you're trying to do. i tried to build a similar deck but found what you said, it lacks consistency.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1