Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RDW

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
yesm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: RDW Reply with quote

This is the deck I have currently been playing. So far its 14 - 3 in tournament play. Out of the 4 tourneys ive played it in I won 2, one of which was a pretty large avacyns restored gameday tournament. I like the maindeck but the sb is still a work in proggress. Im not sold on the zealous conscripts but or grafdiggers cage. Any ideas? Thoughts? I do find myself siding in the 3rd bonfire almost every match but 3 in the main still feels like a bit much. its necesary in the delver matchup as the only way i have to kill geist of saint traft. Ive been considering adding Koth to the sb but havent had a chance to test yet.

// Lands
22 [M12] Mountain (1)

// Creatures
3 [AVA] Vexing Devil
4 [ISD] Stromkirk Noble
4 [M12] Stormblood Berserker
2 [M12] Grim Lavamancer
2 [M12] Chandra's Phoenix
2 [DKA] Hellrider
3 [M12] Goblin Fireslinger
4 [AVA] Lightning Mauler

// Spells
4 [SOM] Galvanic Blast
4 [AVA] Pillar of Flame
2 [AVA] Reforge the Soul
2 [ISD] Brimstone Volley
2 [AVA] Bonfire of the Damned

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [AVA] Bonfire of the Damned (must have against delver and obviously great in most aggro matchups)
SB: 3 [NPH] Vulshok Refugee (lots of ramp in my meta. allows me to play multiple creatures without worrying about overcommitting against slagstorm)
SB: 2 [NPH] Dismember (utility against decks that the 2 damage burn spells have a hard time killing. restoration angel, fat champion of the parish, wolfir avenger etc)
SB: 2 [DKA] Grafdigger's Cage (not sold on but mostly for zombies)
SB: 2 [M11] Manic Vandal (swords and pod)
SB: 2 [AVA] Zealous Conscripts (steals wins against ramp but at 22 land is kinda iffy)
SB: 3 [NPH] Shrine of Burning Rage (control matchups. not sure if its 100% necisary cus control matchups tend to be in this deck's favor anyway)
struikje

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about manabarbs in the sideboard? It's great against anything control ish/ramp
ralphah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeap...manabarbs, and hellrider is too good to have only 2
mtgsoldier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive seen worse decks winning
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing around with RDW, or more specifically Goblins and it has been pretty surprising. The deck is quick and wins games, from the opponent's perspective, out of nowhere. And my opponent always has this "aw, that was lame" expression.

4x Goblin Fireslinger
4x Goblin Arsonist
4x Spikeshot Elder
4x Goblin Wardriver
4x Goblin Chieftain

4x Shrine of Burning Rage

4x Pillar of Flame
4x Goblin Grenade
3x Galvanic Blast
4x Incinerate
4x Brimstone Volley

17x Mountain

The land count may seem low, but i never really want more than 3 mana all game, unless the game stalls and I need the 4 mana for Brimstone Volley + Goblin Grenade in one turn. The mana curve is something that would make even Mr. Sligh proud. 23 one drops, 12 two drops, 8 three drops. The deck has a 12-1 match record on Cockatrice. I know that may not be good testing, but it is no different than M-L testing. The only match it lost was to an Esper deck running maindeck Pristine Talisman that he ripped consecutively to pull out of any kind of burn range (</= 11). Game two was the same. Four of the matches were against netdecked Delver decks, three Wolf Run, and 3 Zombie variants. It doesn't play straight up "i attack until i can burn" but it does that well. If the opponent starts dropping out blockers or Dignitarys it easily sits back and pings with Fireslinger and Spikeshot until the opponent gets into burn range. With G Grenades and B Volleys and Shrines the decks burn range is amazingly wide. In many matches my opponent would start to stabilize and show some kind of board presence that I couldn't just burn off, but by that point I didn't have to attack anymore. I would sit back and take some incoming attacks, ping at eot. Once they dropped to 11 or less life they were within burn range. Goblin Grenade saccing an Arsonist followed by Brimstone Volley for a total of 11 damage. Or a variance of other burn spells. If you playtest this, keep in mind it does take practice and skill to play it correct.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ligtning mauler seems bad, when you have so many creatures with haste anyway and throw bloodthirst into the mix and its even worse
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1