Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Master Prizes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also sent an e-mail to the person in charge for a master I won a couple of months ago but still no reply... I guess the "money prize" is just another advertising trick. Well played ML Smile .
Strid3r

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balaviaris: I guess you are lucky guy if that makes you amused.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The master for the 25th(the upcoming one also) had no cash prize, such as people are accustomed to. This is temporary I believe.
pantheismftw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears they don't actually give out prizes on this website, such a disappointing realization. I won 2nd at the modern master the end of January and just gave up after getting massively ignored by Nico. If I saw right in the master chatroom at the end, they owe Mishamakaz(I think thats how it is spelled) over a hundred dollars by now.

It would still be fun if it was just for honor, I don't know why the charade.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To NoFuture:

The Master on 25th had no prize attached to it. You can see that at the mainpage. In column prizes it either says Byes, $$$ or is empty.
In this case, it was empty.

Staff realizes prize payout is a problem and this is all we can do at the moment. This is because all finances are at Koen and nico, the owners of magic-league.
WhoamI

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Im pushing a year now and still no payout from when I won. Thats why I dont care about this site anymore, I play here andthere but you grind something for hours and find out it was for naught. If Magic League wants to continue to exist in the future this should be the first thing that is fixed, not a new interface
niknight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhoamI wrote:
Good luck Im pushing a year now and still no payout from when I won. Thats why I dont care about this site anymore, I play here andthere but you grind something for hours and find out it was for naught. If Magic League wants to continue to exist in the future this should be the first thing that is fixed, not a new interface

Believe me... we know. We've been barking up that tree for months. Like Flippi said, all of the league financials go through Koen and Nico.
warwizard87

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niknight wrote:
Believe me... we know. We've been barking up that tree for months. Like Flippi said, all of the league financials go through Koen and Nico.

I have been involved in ALOT of leagues in the past, and even was staff on one, this IS a common problem, and definitly not something new. if your used to online magic its one you expect. your playing for free, the site, and the sponsers are banking on the advertising to bring in revenue enough to cover the cost of the prize money given out. Question is, is this site generating enough revenue for ABU to pay out? i really don't know =[. One of the most dissapointing things though is when a sponser drops you AFTER you have successfuly advertised them for months. starcitygames did that to o-gaming YEARS ago. never sat right with me =/ i hope this isnt like that and just someone being lazy.
Kabelis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

False advertising is the biggest issue obv. If site doesn't bring in enough revenue to pay out 90$ every few weeks, that's fine, just don't advertise it as such.
warwizard87

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kabelis wrote:
False advertising is the biggest issue obv. If site doesn't bring in enough revenue to pay out 90$ every few weeks, that's fine, just don't advertise it as such.

I don't think its "false advertising" as much as out of the current staffs hands, since they are running events in good faith expecting the pay outs to happen.

WOW im a little shocked the site STILL blocks O Gamings name XD its a dead league people XD
Kabelis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warwizard87 wrote:
Kabelis wrote:

I don't think its "false advertising" as much as out of the current staffs hands, since they are running events in good faith expecting the pay outs to happen.

WOW im a little shocked the site STILL blocks O Gamings name XD its a dead league people XD

Yeah, I'm not blaming current staff at all.
It's either:
1) Owners forgot that this site exists and went on with their lives.
2) Money from ads doesn't bring in enough revenue to pay for hosting + the prizes for masters. If that's the case, site simply shouldn't promise 60$/30$ for 1st/2nd place.
3) Owners maliciously keep the money and falsely advertise to increase the number of site visits.

Hoping to get payed out "eventually" seems a bit unrealistic considering some people haven't heard from Nico for months or even a year.
Canabiest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is false advertising, just not willingly so. Still leaves people just as disappointed and angry I would imagine. I did not win money on here ever, but it serves as a motivator to take your time for a master.
pantheismftw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
To NoFuture:

The Master on 25th had no prize attached to it. You can see that at the mainpage. In column prizes it either says Byes, $$$ or is empty.
In this case, it was empty.

Staff realizes prize payout is a problem and this is all we can do at the moment. This is because all finances are at Koen and nico, the owners of magic-league.

It for sure said 30/60 on mine. I am just disappointed because if it was just for honor I would have been doing something to net me more legit honor like working on my web-design skills.

Personally, I think they should hold off promising money till this gets all figured out and everyone with back payments gets paid, that way no one is a liar. Getting massively ignored by Nico was so shady, why not just tell me what is up? Makes me feel like he is just pocketing the money and this whole website is just a scam to generate good traffic as to pocket ad-words revenue.

If I had a website that promised a free drawing for 30-60$ gift certificates and then never gave them out that would be called false advertising and it would be illegal for good reason. For all we know (and it would sure seem) they are generating hundreds of dollars in adword revenue a month, this page sure seems to get some pretty good traffic judging by how active the forums are and how quick minis fill. As for data to justify my hypothesis, according to Webworth website valuer "Website Daily Ad-Revenue : $17.68".

I really think we need to hold up all prizes till this is figured out and everyone is paid who was promised winnings. This is a pretty large fucking website, generating 90 bucks a month for prizes should just be minor operating cost as they still appear to net net like 400+ dollars a month just for building the website a while ago. If it is an issue then put more adword ads up! If I had this website the white space would be full of ads, prizes would be a lot larger (as to attract more traffic), and people would always be paid. Then I would sit back and collect ever bigger paychecks every month from Google Adwords as volunteer judges and TOs do all the fucking work.
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prizes for the master this week? (8 April 2012)
pantheismftw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farseer, that looks to be how it has been for a while, no prizes at any master.

I think we should just figure this out asap, and if if indeed this website can't generate sufficient revenue to support prizes, then it just needs to say so. That really doesn't seem to be the case, and if it is the site simply needs more adspace. Either way actually we need more ads, Just look at all that wasted space you are looking at right now that could be generating prize pools! A website as high-volume as this one could easily be earning at least a grand a month. Just imagine if we had like 600 dollars in prizes to give out each month, seriously imagine. Why isn't this how it is? Does it have to do with legal stuff with Hasbro? I wish Nico would respond!

I think we really need to hold off on new prizes until we figure this out, and ideally until everyone who was promised prizes receives them.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2