Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bloodbraid into Violent Outburst

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
DragonStar23

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Bloodbraid into Violent Outburst Reply with quote

Ok so if I cast Bloodbraid into a Violent outburst does the bonus from outburst effect the bloodbraid since the outburst will resolve first.

Violent outburst says "creatures you control get +1/+0 intil end of turn." So creatures I control get +1/+0 when bloodbraid is not on the battlefield yet. However Im wondering if The caster is the actual target, meaning is it sort of a static effect for the caster intil end of turn effecting my creatures regardless if they were on the battlefield before or after I casted outburst.
cloysterd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
611.2c If a continuous effect generated by the resolution of a spell or ability modifies the characteristics or changes the controller of any objects, the set of objects it affects is determined when that continuous effect begins. After that point, the set won't change.

The effect of Violent Outburst does not affect Bloodbraid Elf.
Pushover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cast Bloodbraid Elf.
Cascade triggers on the top of the stack.
Cascade resolves into Violent Outburst. You choose to cast Violent Outburst. Another Cascade goes on the stack.
Something else comes up, w/e.
Violent Outburst resolves. All creatures you control get +1/+0.
Bloodbraid Elf resolves. It does not have the +1/+0 from Outburst.
DragonStar23

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx guys
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1