Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judging Time of Create-a-Card rounds

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Judging Time of Create-a-Card rounds Reply with quote

I believe things have gone out of hand lately as far as the time Create and I would like to propose for a standard judging time of each round. We could all agree for a specific time (a week for example) that a Create-a-Card round should be over. When that time is decided, penalties should apply to those who fail to judge in time (ban from next X rounds for example).

I've caught myself checking the forum for a judgement, especially after the owner has stated that a judging is coming "soon", way too many times and I'm pretty sick of waiting (and I guess I'm not the only one).

If someone needs more time than others to judge the round, he/she should end the round earlier to make sure to meet the prearranged deadline. Excuses like: it took me more than i expected should not be acceptable, at least not for those who have judged before at least one round.

What are your thoughts? Am I making a big fuss about it? Or do you think we should apply some basic ground rules?

P.S. : please judge the fucking round already, we are waiting since last year... Smile
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're taking this way too seriously.
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree Balaviaris. Making cards is fun and slow judges are taking all the fun out of it. IMO rather than a time limit for judging it should be judged before it rotates off the homepage.

I have an idea, I'll implement it right now.
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I didnt judge last round. It's not that I forgot or didnt have time to do it, I just figured out that I'm rly bad at judging and I dont know what to write for most of em.
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ikazuchi wrote:
I'm sorry I didnt judge last round. It's not that I forgot or didnt have time to do it, I just figured out that I'm rly bad at judging and I dont know what to write for most of em.

No problem dude.
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usual rule is that if a judge goes AWOL, any player can call shotgun and judge the round (but cannot vote themselves the winner, obv).
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1